Kraton Kraton V4 vs BLX vs EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a Senton, did you buy that or build it from the manual parts list? The Senton was discontinued before they started coming with the never pop balls, so if you ordered the ones in the Senton manual then you got the older balls.
Why yes, there's a V3 Senton and a V3 Kraton in the above pics. Those were pictured to show orientation for the servo horn and link, which I thought was his question.

You are correct, neither have the V4 and later rod ends with the never pop balls. The Kraton is getting a set, but the Senton is not.
I snagged the Senton complete, BTW, and refreshed it in the beginning of April.

Thanks. I've got the proper links in one of those packs. I'm not sure what the little round things are. They look like half inserts or something?

I'm also a bit confused as to the gap on the upper front A arm since I replaced the front upper mount (the plastic one, not the shock tower) that the A arm pin goes through.

Looks like I assume you can space it out to adjust caster?
When I took the old one off, these little clips fell out and I didn't see where they came from, but they are too big to clip onto the A arm pin, they just fall off.

I'm also a bit confused as to the gap on the upper front A arm since I replaced the front upper mount (the plastic one, not the shock tower) that the A arm pin goes through.

When I took the old one off, these little clips fell out and I didn't see where they came from, but they are too big to clip onto the A arm pin, they just fall off.

Those are the correct spacers, yes. In my experience, you need to unscrew that end of the arm to get em in. They aren't to big, they're just to stiff to get on there without unscrewing stuff

Those are the correct spacers, yes. In my experience, you need to unscrew that end of the arm to get em in. They aren't to big, they're just to stiff to get on there without unscrewing stuff

The ones I have appear to be too large for the arm pin (I assume they're supposed to 'clip' onto the arm pin?).

Maybe I need to buy the correct spacers?

I've got a pack of black nylon washers coming in so will use those instead.

Just curious as to how the clips were used previously as they are much too big to fit onto the pin without falling off freely.

No. Unscrew the arm, put em in between there and screw back in.

That doesn't work - they're too big. The just slide/fall off.

I've used some nylon washers. They seem to work well.

I would like to get a metal version of the bar that the pins screw into. What is this one in particular called? It's the one at the front on top - at the other end of the pin that goes through the shock tower.

It might be nice to replace the whole lot actually. The others are all metal but the pins feel 'loose' in the holes so probably worn. But this one is the only plastic one so really want to get it replaced first.

Cheers :)
Hunt

Why yes, there's a V3 Senton and a V3 Kraton in the above pics. Those were pictured to show orientation for the servo horn and link, which I thought was his question.

You are correct, neither have the V4 and later rod ends with the never pop balls. The Kraton is getting a set, but the Senton is not.
I snagged the Senton complete, BTW, and refreshed it in the beginning of April.

I prefer the old style balls to the new ones, I would rather have to pop my turnbuckles back on every now and then instead of having to replace the turnbuckles all the time.
Thanks. I've got the proper links in one of those packs. I'm not sure what the little round things are. They look like half inserts or something?

You need the small spacers out of this set https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...bKPFfqS21e4fF01yPPuljdbIVtW9H2_EaAkCoEALw_wcB

I would like to get a metal version of the bar that the pins screw into. What is this one in particular called? It's the one at the front on top - at the other end of the pin that goes through the shock tower.

It might be nice to replace the whole lot actually. The others are all metal but the pins feel 'loose' in the holes so probably worn. But this one is the only plastic one so really want to get it replaced first.

Hunt
I have Hot Racing aluminum hinge pin mounts all around on my Kraton. I did the front and rear outer most mounts first, then the ones at the ends of the gearbox cases with the drive cups. The front upper rear hinge pin mount was the last one I replaced because I had to remove the most parts to get to it.

Hunt
I forgot to tell you that is called the front upper rear mount.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back