Kraton V5 6s Spur heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyoto

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon TLR
Ran my stock Kraton for the 2nd time for about 10 mins just street bashing and realized grease was getting puked out but the spur gear’s heat was more intense than the motor itself. Do you think the heat was caused by the grease getting puked out?

image.jpg

Your center differential is bricked. It was a meltdown, Diff cup and all.
If its new, call HH for a new one under warranty. This has happened to me and others. My diff got well over 200F, enough to overheat up the motor also.
It ran dry. Factory didnt fill it enough and/ or did not tighten the diff enough. It unsealed and dumped all the differential fluid. The diff gets real hot this way. don't drive like this until its fixed.
Good luck.:cool:

If its new, call HH for a new one under warranty. This has happened to me and others. My diff got well over 200F, enough to overheat up the motor also.
It ran dry. Factory didnt fill it enough and/ or did not tighten the diff enough. It unsealed and dumped all the differential fluid. The diff gets real hot this way. don't drive like this until its fixed.
Might use this as an excuse to get PPS diff mounts even though its not really needed ?

PPS is nice. But for the stock motor setup is not really required. Diff mount has has nothing to do with your center diff issue. Unrelated.
Call HH if you can and ask for a warranty replacement. Send them the picture you showed here and reciept. I would Call. Its easier and faster IMHO.. It is obviously a mfr. assembly defect.

PPS is nice. But for the stock motor setup is not really required. Diff mount has has nothing to do with your center diff issue. Unrelated.
Call HH if you can and ask for a warranty replacement. Send them the picture you showed here and reciept. I would Call. Its easier and faster IMHO.. It is obviously a mfr. assembly defect.
I know its not required but the heat caused my diff mount+ diff cover to be stuck together. Plus i like shiny parts ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back