Kraton Kraton V5 and the EXB front chassis brace question....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RomeoX

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Morning Friends,
Maybe I am crazy, but I have the V5 and I am trying to use the EXB front brace.....if i put the brace in the hole for the exb brace, it hits up again the drive shaft. Anyone run into this issue or am I too green and not doing it right? Please help, I am an Arrma noob.

cheers,

IMG_2023.jpeg

IMG_2024.PNG

Don’t waste your time with the EXB braces. They are as soft as a hot dog turd in the summer heat. Get some decent 7075 braces instead. M2C, Voltage, etc. Or if you want to keep the cost down, just buy the chinesium ones. At least you won’t pay top dollar for junk.

I think you need to flip the plate. An EXB owner will probably confirm (or infirm) this.

this. The plate has an M3 and M4 hole and you need to flip the plate over to use the EXB brace. Alternatively if you don’t want to go back to the plastic brace - just drill the hole out
They are as soft as a hot dog turd in the summer heat.

and thank you for that visual... 🤮

Don’t waste your time with the EXB braces. They are as soft as a hot dog turd in the summer heat. Get some decent 7075 braces instead. M2C, Voltage, etc. Or if you want to keep the cost down, just buy the chinesium ones. At least you won’t pay top dollar for junk.
none of those say they are for the v5, but thanks

Any Kraton chassis braces for the V4 are compatible with the V5 as well.

I'm pretty sure they are actually compatible down to the V1, but I don't know much about these older versions.

Last edited:
Any Kraton chassis braces for the V4 are compatible with the V5 as well.

I'm pretty sure they are actually compatible down to the V1, but I don't know much about these older vet
thank you so much for this info

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back