Kraton Kraton V5 Bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
OK, so I just picked up a new Kraton V5, and am starting to upgrade.

One upgrade is bearings. Using Fast Eddy's replacement kit, but they are identical to the stock bearings. I mean, I can't tell the difference side by side. Even the font on the size designation numbering is identical.

Is there any chance these are actually the same bearings? They sure look like they came out of the same factory.

Pics of both, side by side, then closeup of same size of each. Can you tell the difference?
20220728_092603.jpg
20220728_092622.jpg
20220728_092639.jpg

Not just a chance, it's highly likely that they all come from the same OEM. Only difference is that sometimes the bearing kit sellers remove the seals and re-grease them.
Hmm, well I guess that kills the idea of "upgrading" with Fast Eddy bearings. On the flipside, though, at least that means that the V5 factory bearings are decent I guess.

I find the stock Arrma bearings to be hit or miss. I haven't had any bad out of the box myself, but my brother bought a talion exb. Took literally 2 battery packs for the inner front hub bearings to fall apart..
I don't think any of the standard rubber sealed bearings from Eddy or Jims are actually an upgrade. I think the best thing we can do if buying these type of bearings is to pop a seal, and put a dab of whatever flavor grease or oil you like. Bashers are better suited to grease, speed runners, oil. I buy cheap bearings and just toss em once they started feeling gritty or less than smooth. I do pop a seal and dab with grease before installing them myself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back