Kraton V5 Radio/ESC Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beta300

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there everybody,

Hope this finds you well. I've got a brand new (2 days old) Kraton 6S with Spektrum Firma motor/ESC, and the Spektrum SLT3 transmitter and the SR315 receiver. It was working great until it wasn't...only two days old. The ESC is flashing a fast red, the receiver is steady orange unless I put it into bind mode, then it flashes fast orange. The transmitter is steady red. It seems like the transmitter is no longer bound to the receiver so I've tried many times to bind without luck. The thing with the SLT3 transmitter is that it doesn't have a bind button so I feel like i'm running blind a little while trying the bind.

I'm going to call Arrma support tomorrow but has anyone ran into this problem before? Thanks!

The receiver should be steady orange when it is on and bound to a transmitter. Sounds like your ESC/transmitter is working.

But if you need it, the SLT3 bind instructions can be found here: https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...lt/dw83be92cc/Manuals/SPMSLT300-manual-en.pdf

The Firma 150A manual can be found here: https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...efault/dwda06580f/Manuals/Firma-Manual-EN.pdf

The error codes are listed - LED flashes red with short single pluses is LVC protection ... so is your battery charged/good? Are all the cells good? Maybe try a different battery?

The receiver should be steady orange when it is on and bound to a transmitter. Sounds like your ESC/transmitter is working.

But if you need it, the SLT3 bind instructions can be found here: https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...lt/dw83be92cc/Manuals/SPMSLT300-manual-en.pdf

The Firma 150A manual can be found here: https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...efault/dwda06580f/Manuals/Firma-Manual-EN.pdf

The error codes are listed - LED flashes red with short single pluses is LVC protection ... so is your battery charged/good? Are all the cells good? Maybe try a different battery?
Thanks Engineer! It does appear the ESC LVC protection is activated but I'm 100% sure I've got two good sets of batteries. One battery is a brand new 6S and the other set are two used, but very good 3S batteries. I get the same behavior with both batteries. I'm going to see if I can put the ESC in calibration mode and ensure everything is set right. Thanks so much for the manuals and the clarification on the SR315 receiver being steady orange. That makes sense now to me. Let me go put some more eyes on this thing. Appreciate the help.

OP did you ever figure out your issue sounds like mine is currently doing what you described. I was using mine stopped to let it have a break. Went back to use it and it wouldn't drive or steer. Battery still showed good voltage. If I turn on transmitter before then eac it just lights up the orange light on the reciever. Cooling fan on esc spins slower than normal. Now even though I know its I'll advised. If I turn the esc on first everything powers up fine. When I turn the transmitter on i lose everything and esc cooling fan slows down. I can get into esc programming. I believe it is the controller but I am going to try and recalibrate incase it's some how in a lockout.

@Jack Jeckal 88 disconnect your steering servo. Most likely the issue. I assume it's a Spektrum servo and numerous people are having issues. Get a DS3235kg or similar from Ammazon, you can always warranty the servo if needed but they are just bad.

@Jack Jeckal 88 disconnect your steering servo. Most likely the issue. I assume it's a Spektrum servo and numerous people are having issues. Get a DS3235kg or similar from Ammazon, you can always warranty the servo if needed but they are just bad.
Everything works fine unless I power the remote on. I feel if it was the steering servo it wouldn't even register on initial start up. Also have no throttle response. Everything was working fine until I stopped using it to let it cool down just as a precautionary measure. Was thinking maybe it's a fail safe if it doesn't see throttle trigger position so it doesn't take off like the stx2 system

Try resetting your ESC to see if that solves the issue. Then try verifying all your ESC settings are correct or at least factory. If all else fails warranty that sucker. Doing a forum search, it looks like people have had the same issue that needed warranty. It sucks, but you just get unlucky and get the bad egg.

Have you even tried without the servo?
They are known to draw access current which results in low power for receiver etc.

Try resetting your ESC to see if that solves the issue. Then try verifying all your ESC settings are correct or at least factory. If all else fails warranty that sucker. Doing a forum search, it looks like people have had the same issue that needed warranty. It sucks, but you just get unlucky and get the bad eg
Last night I was able to get into the programming. But if I turn on the transmitter it seemed to lock me out. I really believe the transmitter is the issue. Just sucks because I drove it 3 times and had to rebuild rear diff. Drove it 2 times after that and this happens.
Have you even tried without the servo?
They are known to draw access current which results in low power for receiver etc.
Last night I was able to get into the programming. But if I turn on the transmitter it seemed to lock me out. I really believe the transmitter is the issue. Just sucks because I drove it 3 times and had to rebuild rear diff. Drove it 2 times after that and this happens.
Jkflow have not tried it with servo unplugged but will tonight. I have a guy near me that is a guru with these things so I'm hoping he has seen it before and it's something dumb. Worse case I will have to file another warranty claim.

Jkflow have not tried it with servo unplugged but will tonight. I have a guy near me that is a guru with these things so I'm hoping he has seen it before and it's something dumb. Worse case I will have to file another warranty claim.
Definitely unplug the steering servo and test!!! :) Steering servo was the root cause for me. Armma sent me a new ESC and Motor. I installed it and same problem. I bought a new steering servo, installed, and everything went back to normal.

Thank you JKflow I got home and unplugged servo like you stated and it seems to be the issue gonna order another one
Definitely unplug the steering servo and test!!! :) Steering servo was the root cause for me. Armma sent me a new ESC and Motor. I installed it and same problem. I bought a new steering servo, installed, and everything went back to normal.
Yup seems to be the same issue with mine. I do appreciate the help. Wonder if I can also get a new esc and motor out of this 🤔

It's wild that a steering servo is causing this problem. Personally have never experienced in a 40 years of RC.

It's been an ongoing issue since they switched to Spektrum servos. The servo overloads the BEC which powers the receiver and it all goes haywire.
It's only been an issue over the last 6 month or so but a very frequent occurrence.

It's wild that a steering servo is causing this problem. Personally have never experienced in a 40 years of RC.
Yeah threw me off also lol unplugged and swap servo and issue was gone....kind of a stupid issue to have on a $600 car. Almost like my girls Ryft breaking the axles. Which is also a stupid common problem with a $500 car. Also keep in mind I'm new to rcs but I'm a mechanic for a living and bought my 02 grand Cherokee that I have lifted and such for $450........

Hi there everybody,

Hope this finds you well. I've got a brand new (2 days old) Kraton 6S with Spektrum Firma motor/ESC, and the Spektrum SLT3 transmitter and the SR315 receiver. It was working great until it wasn't...only two days old. The ESC is flashing a fast red, the receiver is steady orange unless I put it into bind mode, then it flashes fast orange. The transmitter is steady red. It seems like the transmitter is no longer bound to the receiver so I've tried many times to bind without luck. The thing with the SLT3 transmitter is that it doesn't have a bind button so I feel like i'm running blind a little while trying the bind.

I'm going to call Arrma support tomorrow but has anyone ran into this problem before? Thanks!
Just had the same thing happen in my brand new v2 mojave. If I turn the esc on without the radio on it would turn on like normal. When you turn on the radio it ackted crazy no power anywhere you could even hear like it was draining power some how. Minute u turn off radio even when esc is still on it would restart esc. Tried everything even bound to my gt5 and did the same thing. Never seen this before

Just had the same thing happen in my brand new v2 mojave. If I turn the esc on without the radio on it would turn on like normal. When you turn on the radio it ackted crazy no power anywhere you could even hear like it was draining power some how. Minute u turn off radio even when esc is still on it would restart esc. Tried everything even bound to my gt5 and did the same thing. Never seen this before
Just went and swapped out servo and bam its back thanks for all the smart responses out there

Try resetting your ESC to see if that solves the issue. Then try verifying all your ESC settings are correct or at least factory. If all else fails warranty that sucker. Doing a forum search, it looks like people have had the same issue that needed warranty. It sucks, but you just get unlucky and get the bad egg.
Mine is doing the same thing. Just started yesterday. Car is only a couple months old. Maybe an hour of easy play time. On compact snow and ice . Never even got it dirty yet.
Hi there everybody,

Iam having the same problem now

My v2 mojave did same it was bad servo. When you turned truck on with out transmiter on everything would be fine. once you turned on transmiter everything would freak out. Bad servo

Back