Kraton Kraton v5 signal loss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaso11

Reaction score
I I recently just picked up my first rc, a new Kraton v5 and I’ve had it out 2 times now. I’m having issues with losing range at about 50 yards, sometimes less. Signal cuts in and out. Response is really lagging at range and the car sometimes goes on its own! Very scary stuff. When I lose signal completely I sometimes have to walk all the way to the car just to get it going again. Slt3 has brand new energizer batteries in it. Should I just call arrma and warranty radio or is there a better one that I can buy that you guys recommend?

Jaso11, almost any radio is better than what came with your truck. I purchased a spektrum dx3 at the recommendation of the hobby shop i purchased my first truck from. I think others will chime in here about the stock radio transmitter not making much range. the 3-ch receiver seems to be fine. just a short range on the transmitter. good luck!

50ft seems very low. Is your receiver antenna in good order?
2-300ft should be no issue, based on what I know, which is arguably not a lot ;)

Antenna seems normal and the little wire going to it looks okay.
Jaso11, almost any radio is better than what came with your truck. I purchased a spektrum dx3 at the recommendation of the hobby shop i purchased my first truck from. I think others will chime in here about the stock radio transmitter not making much range. the 3-ch receiver seems to be fine. just a short range on the transmitter. good luck!
I have zero experience with rc’s but something definitely doesn’t seem right.

Definitely not normal but it's not necessarily a transmitter problem.
I'd warranty it.

Alternatives are plenty. Futaba, Spektrum DX5 are probably the most common but there are a lot of good alternatives out there.
DX5 would work with the reciever already installed. Futaba would require a combo.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/spektrum-dx5c-transmitter-only.37026/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back