Kraton kraton v5 steering sucks all known fixes tried?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DS3235 seems to be offered from numerous Chinese 3rd-party distributors. Is there a specific seller to go with? Also, is a 270 or 180 degree preferred?
Only advice, go with a reputable seller with high feedback score (ordering directly from China) otherwise the servos are literally all the same (DS types) from different vendors. They all buy from the same company.
180 or 270 makes no difference, in either case you will only be using ~150 deg as you have to limit the endpoints. I prefer the 180 versions, but for no real reason.
I'll put any Spektrum servo up against an equivalent Spektrum servo, and I'm sure the cheaper version will be equal or better in performance. That is just the nature of the beast of a name brand. What you will not get is 2 years warranty or whatever they advertise. I just dislike replacing and waiting on servos and buy 3 (or more) for the price of one name brand, at least in the servo world. In others, it makes sense to stick to a brand.

Only advice, go with a reputable seller with high feedback score (ordering directly from China) otherwise the servos are literally all the same (DS types) from different vendors. They all buy from the same company.
180 or 270 makes no difference, in either case you will only be using ~150 deg as you have to limit the endpoints. I prefer the 180 versions, but for no real reason.
I'll put any Spektrum servo up against an equivalent Spektrum servo, and I'm sure the cheaper version will be equal or better in performance. That is just the nature of the beast of a name brand. What you will not get is 2 years warranty or whatever they advertise. I just dislike replacing and waiting on servos and buy 3 (or more) for the price of one name brand, at least in the servo world. In others, it makes sense to stick to a brand.
I notice most servos are not truly 180 or 270 deg sweep. I get 120 deg. on the DS3235 for instance and many others which is still more than enough in any surface rig.
Air RC usually requires more sweep angle. Planes and Heli's.
I personally use the Annimos brand on Amazon, but for no real reason. They're all the same.
Annimos is the seller in reality. Yes they are all the same servo. Bekflip and the rest are just the sellers.

Keep in mind that your radio limits the travel by default. Add full trim and travel to overdrive, and you will get there, but not needed.

I had the same issue and went thru a bunch of steps…wondered if my HV servo was a pos. I ended up doing this, exact same way. I didn’t have the size snap rings he has so i ended up using more, but now she corners on the dime!

I find that most/ but not all guys notice steering travel issues after they swap out their servos for higher torque ones. Then its probable and usually the SS that cannot bear the higher ST torque loads. ( usually larger MT wheeled rigs). It may appear that it is the new servo at fault , but usually not the case. The OE stocker servos are under torqued to begin with and usually masks/hides the fact that its the SS being at fault. Spring tension being too weak from the beginning out the box. This above assumes that the ST assembly has free movement and not binding. Pivot balls get dirty and can almost completely lock up at times. (6s rigs) Then the SS and /or Servo look like the issue. Not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back