Kraton Kraton v5 upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evolution

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm currently putting a part list together, i have a bone stock Kraton and want to do some upgrades to make it a little better.

So far I have M2C chassis + front&rear brace + rear shock tower, 4092 motor and a max 6.

Looking for for some advice on what else I should get or weakpoints that I missed.

- I think a front bumper is a must.
- I also like to have a wheelie bar. The one from the Outcast/Noto 6S is a direct fit.
- The stock Ackerman plate can bend really easily if you hit something.
- Vent the tires.
- The servo saver spring is pretty weak. You can add a couple 0.5" snap rings to the assembly to preload the spring. This will help the steering a lot.

Don't forget the M2C 4mm shock standoffs. Since you are going to have the chassis apart, you might want to think about putting in the M2C hinge pin mounts and hinge pins, if you can afford to do it now. I'm sure others here will chime in on their recommendations.

Don't forget the M2C 4mm shock standoffs. Since you are going to have the chassis apart, you might want to think about putting in the M2C hinge pin mounts and hinge pins, if you can afford to do it now. I'm sure others here will chime in on their recommendations.
Just so I understand correctly, is it necessary to get the standoffs to use the m2c shock tower?

Yes I want to get hinge pins as well but big Trudy doesn't like it when you buy things outside of Canada, so I'll have to wait till the hobby shop gets them in stock.

Just so I understand correctly, is it necessary to get the standoffs to use the m2c shock tower?

Yes I want to get hinge pins as well but big Trudy doesn't like it when you buy things outside of Canada, so I'll have to wait till the hobby shop gets them in stock.
The M2C shock standoffs are not required to use the M2C shock tower: I believe you have to drill out the M2C shock tower to use them.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone m2c parts are on now waiting on the esc+motor.

20220402_141532.jpg

As others said, shock standoffs are definitely a worth while upgrade. Check your diffs and run the oil you think will work best. I do 50k up front, 500k in the middle diff and 30k in my rear and my Kraton drives amazing with that setup.

As others said, shock standoffs are definitely a worth while upgrade. Check your diffs and run the oil you think will work best. I do 50k up front, 500k in the middle diff and 30k in my rear and my Kraton drives amazing with that setup.
I might just try that out on its next service

- I think a front bumper is a must.
- I also like to have a wheelie bar. The one from the Outcast/Noto 6S is a direct fit.
- The stock Ackerman plate can bend really easily if you hit something.
- Vent the tires.
- The servo saver spring is pretty weak. You can add a couple 0.5" snap rings to the assembly to preload the spring. This will help the steering a lot.
Do you remember the size socket you used to install the snap rings?

You don't have to take the servo saver apart you just squeeze the spring together and use some snap ring pliers to place the snap rings under the spring.
But I think it might be 13mm I need to double check.

I don't. As @slick2500 wrote, you need to use snap ring pliers to somewhat position it over the assembly and use whatever socket you have around that will be large enough to fit over the assembly to push the snap ring in position to preload the SS spring.

Makes sense? Let me know if you still have issues.

Edit: It seems a 14mm socket works. See @10:00.

Last edited:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/392901296754

This Ebay listing might be of use to some. I wanted the aluminum chassis braces, the EXB front bumper and metal servo mount and found this Ebay listing that includes them as well as many more spare parts for a really good price.

I found the price to be really good compared to what you're getting, and it brings you to an almost complete EXB conversion, minus shock towers and chassis, but I might go M2C anyway and only after I break my stock parts.

The only other addition I care for is the Powerhobby motor heatsink & fan to stay cool in the summer.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/392901296754

This Ebay listing might be of use to some. I wanted the aluminum chassis braces, the EXB front bumper and metal servo mount and found this Ebay listing that includes them as well as many more spare parts for a really good price.

I found the price to be really good compared to what you're getting, and it brings you to an almost complete EXB conversion, minus shock towers and chassis, but I might go M2C anyway and only after I break my stock parts.

The only other addition I care for is the Powerhobby motor heatsink & fan to stay cool in the summer.

View attachment 211600
But it directly from Jenny's it is cheaper then use coupon code JRC for an extra 5% off https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ry-tray-roll-tower-2020-mount-arrma-ara106053

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back