Kraton Kraton v5 vs EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlatimore3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
So which do you choose now? Unless you're sending it to the moon, seems like the v5 is great as is. But if you plan on swapping electronics, you should go with the EXB right? What a great dilemma

Hard to be definitive today as nobody has the V5 yet. The EXB is good if you plan on using bigger power and you already have a radio and servo.
jon I am glad you were wrong about the v5 models coming next year. Just ordered the Notorious in black :).

jon I am glad you were wrong about the v5 models coming next year. Just ordered the Notorious in black :).
I’m glad I was wrong as well, but if you read what I said, it was that we hadn’t heard anything. Two days later, we did ???

Hard to say before we know how the new v5s perform. Curious to see how that new design chassis performs. Also curious to see how the taller stance of the exb arms/towers holds up with no 7075..
I was thinking along these lines too... do you think the new V5 rear suspension geometry is the same/compatible with the EXB ones, so swapping just the one part out will be possible? Whereas before with the V4, some parts had to be grouped together (shock towers with the arms and pins, etc)

I was thinking along these lines too... do you think the new V5 rear suspension geometry is the same/compatible with the EXB ones, so swapping just the one part out will be possible? Whereas before with the V4, some parts had to be grouped together (shock towers with the arms and pins, etc)
Yes 100%. You’ll be able to bolt exb parts on here no issues. Seeing as it has the exb arms already. The towers are the same design as the exb but they just stamped like the typical RTR stuff.
V5 isn’t good enough to be called the v5. It’s a sad title. I’m disappointed. I won’t be getting one. Just not enough good stuff for me.
Yea and not even new body colors/design... boo :(

Yes 100%. You’ll be able to bolt exb parts on here no issues. Seeing as it has the exb arms already. The towers are the same design as the exb but they just stamped like the typical RTR stuff.

Yea and not even new body colors/design... boo :(
Yeah a couple of new colors would have been cool.
V5 isn’t good enough to be called the v5. It’s a sad title. I’m disappointed. I won’t be getting one. Just not enough good stuff for me.
@Clubin , what upgrades would you have liked to see in the v5?

Yeah a couple of new colors would have been cool.

@Clubin , what upgrades would you have liked to see in the v5?
The v2 and v3 Kraton had the same colors so maybe the v6 Kraton will have new colors.
The v2 and v3 Kraton had the same colors so maybe the v6 Kraton will have new colors.
Can you guys tell me what the little battery pack on the new Firma esc is?

Last edited:
Can you guys tell me what the little battery pack on the new Firma esc is?

I think the thing you are referring to is a cap pack and not a battery pack.

So which do you choose now? Unless you're sending it to the moon, seems like the v5 is great as is. But if you plan on swapping electronics, you should go with the EXB right? What a great dilemma

I do like that the V5 comes with a SR315 receiver so I can bind it with my DX5 Rugged and not have to get another receiver.

Last edited:
Does anyone with the exb currently like the performance of lsd diffs vs the standard diff setup? If so, what aspect is better with lsd diffs?

Does anyone with the exb currently like the performance of lsd diffs vs the standard diff setup? If so, what aspect is better with lsd diffs?
The best part for me is the ring and pinion being wider and stronger.

V5 is for new RC owner where no electronics or parts in hand. EXB is better builds.

The best part for me is the ring and pinion being wider and stronger.

bigger diameter outdrive shafts and cross pins too
In all honesty, I was holding out for the new Tekno RC truggy, but seems it is not ready for public consumption. In the meantime, Arrma released the EXB and pretty much had it all there...basically what I planned to do with an ET48...turn a truggy into a track basher/monster truggy. I am counting on all the "beefier" parts of the "extreme basher" platform holding up to light~moderate bashing that I normally do. Five foot high flat landing jumps and 4S is all I plan to do in the beginning. That all may change a year from now.

What is the actual difference between the exb and the v5? The lower arms are the same? So it's front and rear shock towers and a different chassis brace? I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting the exb for 350 more, or just getting the v5 and then upgrade it to the exb parts as the oem ones break?

What is the actual difference between the exb and the v5? The lower arms are the same? So it's front and rear shock towers and a different chassis brace? I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting the exb for 350 more, or just getting the v5 and then upgrade it to the exb parts as the oem ones break?
The biggest thing ( at least in my opinion ) is the diffs. The EXB’s have the lsd diffs and also have bigger ring and pinion gears.. these along make the exb the choice I’d pick... it also has all the 7075 pieces outfitted as well as the exb front bumper.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back