Kraton Kraton vs Losi LST 3XLE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nytro97

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Have had Losi's in the past and am thinking of jumping back in..... Have been looking at the LST 3XLE and the Kraton V3. What's the opinion out there, anyone have both. Or are the in two different classes.

Thanks, Tom

That's what I thought.....I thought they didn't quite share the same class and the frames are different design. Even though they are both Muggy like.

Thanks, Tom

I’ll bite
1364926607_catching_bass_with_hand.gif

This is an arrma forum; 9 out of 10 will most likely say the arrma...

Go to a losi forum; I am sure 9 out of 10 will say losi...

Personally, I would throw the losi out right away due to the fact that it looks like there is no way to change motor size. there is no room for long can motors... but I roll with a long can ???

Tp 4070cm 2200kv
Leopard 4092 1730kv
1B24440E-7E50-4939-A1F1-2D4C5D66A5BD.jpeg

A985D840-37D0-43B3-AA02-8B4E89EF20E0.jpeg

chassis.jpg

Last edited:
You have to change the motor mount if you want to run a different motor. I read that in a review. Both trucks have 150 amp ESC's. The Losi uses a 2200 Kv motor vs the Arrma 2050. Losi uses CVD's all around. I like Losi. They make good stuff.

I saw the mount change also on big squid review, but it doesn’t go into much detail. From what it looks like long can motors would still be an issue. Anyone else have any info? The dynamite 2200kv fuse motor looks like 93mm.
https://www.bigsquidrc.com/losi-lst-3xl-e-monster-truck-review/

Would like to drive one at least to try :geek:

Last edited:
My lhs stocks those and they look really cool. If I could only have one truck it would be the Kraton. However I'm 50 now and can have more than one so the Losi is definitely on my list along with the MT410. Wish the layout was different as I would have to buy more 3s pack pairs...Havnt they been making this truck for a while now, maybe a new version is due. Quality wise the fit and finish may be a little nicer than arrma but it is 50 bucks more.

haha...Go buy a losi and bash it for a week...Then you will get an Arrma and have your answer...lol

The LST 3XLE is $549 in the US but £699 in the UK. The Kraton is $499 in the US and £449 in the UK.

There's a chance I'd pick up the Losi if I lived in the US, but here in the UK it would be the Kraton every time.

Losi makes great track stuff.... If I bought a track rc it would 100% be a Losi...Arrma just has a lock on bashers...

I own a Losi Muggy and it is one if the best RC's I've ever owned. It's an excellent basher. Their LST and LST2 monster trucks were awesome back in the day. I'm sure the LST3 is just as good. I love Arrma but to think they the only decent basher is foolish.

I always liked the looks of the Losi Muggy and almost bought one back then. I also really like the looks of the Talion also but think the tire size may limit where I drive it.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Tom

I always liked the looks of the Losi Muggy and almost bought one back then. I also really like the looks of the Talion also but think the tire size may limit where I drive it.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Tom

If the tyre size is the only thing you're worried about with the Talion just stick a set of backflips on it. ;)

I'd say Kraton. I've reviewed them all...it's the most stable and well built out there. Provided you do all the upgrades to
Run 6s

I have had Losi's in the past and have a soft spot for them..... But this time I think I am going with the Kraton.
What upgrades would I need for 6s

Thanks, Tom

A lot of info on it

Servo mount
Servo
Bearings
Esc
Rebuild Diff (most wait to blow up the stock)

I am not a hard basher, just speeding it around and a few jumps. I plan on buying a V3 and thought the servo mount was improved.
I planned on getting a 6s 5000mh battery but am wondering about getting something a little lighter for balance.
I'm sure the 6s is the better option because of efficiency but would like to keep the truck light as possible.

What do you guys think would be a good all around battery.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back