Kraton Vs. Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow if you think driving a nero for 2 hours without it breaking is an accomplishment then I guess he should buy the Kraton!

The way some people talk about the Nero, you can't set it on the ground without buying 4 new parts and having it on the bench for 6 weeks. I was illustrating that you can have a fun day out with it and use it the way it was designed without having a failure. This thread was full of people bashing the Nero for being a piece of junk but I read all of the forums here and I see lots of posts with Kraton and Outcast (and really all of the ARRMAs on the same platform) breakages, failures and just general whining so I thought I would counter with the views of a happy Nero owner.

Nobody told me I had to rebuild and shim my Nero diffs before I ran it or they would destroy themselves but that seems to be a common thing over there. "Welcome to the club! Great choice! Watch this video and buy these parts or DOOM!"

The way some people talk about the Nero, you can't set it on the ground without buying 4 new parts and having it on the bench for 6 weeks. I was illustrating that you can have a fun day out with it and use it the way it was designed without having a failure. This thread was full of people bashing the Nero for being a piece of junk but I read all of the forums here and I see lots of posts with Kraton and Outcast (and really all of the ARRMAs on the same platform) breakages, failures and just general whining so I thought I would counter with the views of a happy Nero owner.

Nobody told me I had to rebuild and shim my Nero diffs before I ran it or they would destroy themselves but that seems to be a common thing over there. "Welcome to the club! Great choice! Watch this video and buy these parts or DOOM!"

As Buddha sez... "All possessions are nothing but a burden " ;)

That was very helpful! I am now planning on getting the Kraton (because I'm a beginner) though both trucks seem awesome. Thank you everybody! By the way I am planning on getting it from tower hobbies, do any of you know of any deals I should look for?

☆My vote is for the Nero, because if you can control your trigger finger. It's going to be a total blast !!! It's capable of running 54MPH out of the box. If you are going to jump it at 25 to 54MPH, your going to be wanting to land rubber side down. But if you would like to enjoy an extremely capable monster truck that's also extremely great for trail driving, then get a Nero. You won't be disappointed. As a noobie or a veteran of the hobby, it's one screw at a time, so don't let the fear of wrenching on the Big Nero discourage you. ☆ There's a hundred people on here that are willing to help you along the way !!!

Just because it will run 54MPH, doesn't mean you need to mob it over everything in it path running full throttle ;)

That was very helpful! I am now planning on getting the Kraton (because I'm a beginner) though both trucks seem awesome. Thank you everybody! By the way I am planning on getting it from tower hobbies, do any of you know of any deals I should look for?
Be sure to check coupon codes.

Great choice on getting the Kraton. I own the Kraton, Talion, Outcast, had two Nero's and a ERevo. Sold revo after a month (piece of crap) sold one Nero, now selling the other Nero. Although the Nero hasn't broken in a month (haven't used it in a month). Yes, you will brake a few things on the Kraton but only because we drive them like we stole them. I drive my Kraton, Talion and Outcast like I stole them and have very few brakages . You will find yourself working on it simply because your bored. You will drive it over and over, beat the crap out of it and hardly ever brake it. But I seriously wish my Nero could handle a simple day of bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back