Kraton Kraton vs Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcway16

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So, I had a Revo 3.3 a few years ago and as fun as it was, it was also super temperamental. Wanting to dabble in the hobby again i picked up an Axial Yeti last fall, it’s been fun, but I feel like ‘bigger’ would be so much better.

I have my eye on the new Outcast and Kraton. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like the Kraton is basically a longer Outcast?

I’m just bashing, but do appreciate something that drives well. The Outcast seems like it’s absolutely made for wheelies/flips/etc. while the Kraton seems like it made to rail turns, etc. My thought is the Kraton can be just as fun bashing, but still handle it own against others that lean more towards being a truggy, etc.

So, which is the better all around truck?

FWIW, I’m basically a newbie, so bare with me...

So, I had a Revo 3.3 a few years ago and as fun as it was, it was also super temperamental. Wanting to dabble in the hobby again i picked up an Axial Yeti last fall, it’s been fun, but I feel like ‘bigger’ would be so much better.

I have my eye on the new Outcast and Kraton. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like the Kraton is basically a longer Outcast?

I’m just bashing, but do appreciate something that drives well. The Outcast seems like it’s absolutely made for wheelies/flips/etc. while the Kraton seems like it made to rail turns, etc. My thought is the Kraton can be just as fun bashing, but still handle it own against others that lean more towards being a truggy, etc.

"Better" is subjective but you seem to have a basic understanding of what the trucks were designed for. Outcast is a stunt truck and will rotate faster in the air allowing for multiple flips. The Kraton is longer and will be more stable. You can still flip it with ease.

It's really up to what you are looking for in an RC.

Nice!!! Answered some of my questions also.. I have had 1 kraton v2 and 1 kraton v3 and I also am in the market for another arrma.. Ive sold all my trucks a few months back but now I'm itching for more and still even after having 2 kratons I'm wondering if I should try a outcast but the kraton v4 still has me looking at it lol. There's just something about that longer chassis. I run in the pits ans normal back yard bashig myself. I honestly from my experience I thibk u will love a kraton v4 ?

I know nothing.
Except, I bought my first RC truck in years and I've been blown away...
Outcast is square and solid.

From the manual, I think length is the main difference between them.
Someone correct me on the other difference besides length and body

Welcome to the forum newb @Jcway16! If it's your first go with one of the 6s beasts, the Kraton is a solid truck that will still make you laugh each time you punch it. The Outcast needs a steady hand and a steadier trigger finger. Save your money so you can buy the Outcast in spring once you've got your feet wet with the Kraton.???

I know nothing.
Except, I bought my first RC truck in years and I've been blown away...
Outcast is square and solid.

From the manual, I think length is the main difference between them.
Someone correct me on the other difference besides length and body
Exactly. The Outcast is a short wheel base Kraton, with different wheels and body. FYI, the Outcast chassis is the same as the Typhon/Senton.

That's correct the Kraton is basically a longer OC. And if you appreciate something that drives well, the Kraton is the one.

The Kraton can be just as fun bashing, and the better all around truck hands down. So you know my vote without saying it.

You are getting some incredible advice. I have both and agree I love them for different reasons. If I had to pick one it would probably be the Kraton I love that one. ??

Attachments

• FAE64165-1EBB-4423-8E00-D5DD73B67181.jpeg
    FAE64165-1EBB-4423-8E00-D5DD73B67181.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 35
Nice!!! Answered some of my questions also.. I have had 1 kraton v2 and 1 kraton v3 and I also am in the market for another arrma.. Ive sold all my trucks a few months back but now I'm itching for more and still even after having 2 kratons I'm wondering if I should try a outcast but the kraton v4 still has me looking at it lol. There's just something about that longer chassis. I run in the pits ans normal back yard bashig myself. I honestly from my experience I thibk u will love a kraton v4 ?
If you already have a kraton.... I suggest the talion... My 2 cents! ?
If you already have a kraton.... I suggest the talion... My 2 cents! ?
My next build will be a talion

+1 for the Kraton. More stable and easy to use on 6s, especilay better for a "beginner" who never used a 6s truck before. A shorter wheelbase truck with lot of power is always more "difficult" to use as you must be more gentle on the throttle and react more quickly. It will be more easy to go fast with a Kraton, as it is more easy to keep the power of the four wheels on the ground.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back