Kraton vs Talion vs Typhon (Going in circles!)

Kraton vs Talion vs Typhon

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the typhon with shorter arms and smaller wheels will be more durable than the others. IMO, for what your doing, the talion/kraton are pretty much the same thing as the outcast. Just handles better due to the longer chassis and kraton handling better of the 3 due to it also being wider wheel base I believe.

I spend a lot of time in grass, so ground clearance is paramount. I bash at skate parks and now a grass bmx track. Durability and ground clearance are my two biggest things. The talion with it's lower slung suspension and smaller/lighter tires seems geared more for flat out speed. Why it's narrower, I don't understand as it being wider would also help with high speed handling. Regardless, a talion would never even make a consideration for me.

I don't quite understand why the talion and kraton both exist. The differences are subtle. Then again, I'm just a basher and I don't go for "speed runs" ever. I run gearing that allows me to run pack after pack without overheating, which isn't "speed" gearing.

The buggy, while being low to the ground makes up for it by being tougher with shorter arms. Less leverage on the shocks and arms in bad landings. My only issue with a buggy is the front tower is completely exposed, so a really bad roof landing will possibly mangle the tower. They do like to fly though... lol!

Personally, I'd consider a senton, but I'd put a truck body on it as I'm not a huge fan of the wide bodies.

I have a Notorious- so it does everything for me, other than my itch for an outright -lets see what speed we can hit- vehicle.

I have an urge for a Typhon and take it to extremes the other guys aren't doing... ;)

What are you going to be doing with the car ?
I’d take my Talion over my Typhon every time.
Bashing at park , on softball field before and after my games. Then change pinion gear and put street tires on for pavement fast speed runs.
I am going get Talion this week unless hobby guy there talk me out of it.

Less talk, more action. ;);):p

I've got plenty of action going on right now- complete tear down and build up of my Notorious.

After that is done, we'll see what's what with a speed buggy project. I need to scout to see if I have any spots to run a car 100+ mph close to my home..

Back