Talion Kraton vs Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR

haha originally, I was 100% team Talion but that was before I actually spent any time with the Kraton. Now it's kind of hard to pick one! =D

Which do you prefer?

haha originally, I was 100% team Talion but that was before I actually spent any time with the Kraton. Now it's kind of hard to pick one! =D

Which do you prefer?
love my talion exb now I have got it running right with backflip lps but the kraton is the better basher with backflip 6s tyres so easy to control in the air and ground clearance (y)

Love both, but I find myself grabbing my Talion more. I like how it stays planted better, I enjoy the satisfaction of the tires ripping through the terrain rather than having the truck pop up and ride a wheelie like in the Kraton.

I find that it's better to treat them differently. I think that the EXB Talion is a bit wrong, the Talion should focus on being light weight, and the EXB version ruined that a bit.

When it's light it's a completely different beast than the Kraton, nimble and super quick

love my talion exb now I have got it running right with backflip lps but the kraton is the better basher with backflip 6s tyres so easy to control in the air and ground clearance (y)
Wow maybe I need to look into the 6s backflips. I use the 4s version on both the kraton and the talion. They still feel very different even with the same tires though.
Love both, but I find myself grabbing my Talion more. I like how it stays planted better, I enjoy the satisfaction of the tires ripping through the terrain rather than having the truck pop up and ride a wheelie like in the Kraton.
haha I can wheelie on both but the kraton definitely does it easier. I really enjoy the more planted feel of the talion a lot too. I drag raced my wifey kraton vs talion and she couldn't beat me a single time just because she had to watch the throttle a lot more due to the kraton just poppin up like an angry animal :ROFLMAO:.
I find that it's better to treat them differently. I think that the EXB Talion is a bit wrong, the Talion should focus on being light weight, and the EXB version ruined that a bit.

When it's light it's a completely different beast than the Kraton, nimble and super quick
Your comment made me curious, and I just weighed both of them. I'm a bit surprised but I guess I kind of knew it would be close as I'm the one who carries them everywhere lol.

Kraton is 11lbs 10.2oz
Talion is 11lbs 6.2oz

This is without the body and battery. Kraton has the max 6 combo and Talion has the castle mmx8s 1717 combo. I wish my talion was lighter, but I still love the way it feels. Maybe I should go back to the tp 4060 though, it's 142.6 grams lighter apparently.

Get a Kraton 6s as your first one. It will cover most of your initial expectations. A do it all rig for the most part, as a basher. More forgiving IMHO.
6s Typhon as your Second one. A backup rig . With a different driving feel. Needs a more refined driving technique. Less forgiving. And Faster.
Having both eventually, to change it up without having 2 similar driving rigs.
I have many rigs here. And I enjoy the unique different driving characteristics of each.

Wow maybe I need to look into the 6s backflips. I use the 4s version on both the kraton and the talion. They still feel very different even with the same tires though.

haha I can wheelie on both but the kraton definitely does it easier. I really enjoy the more planted feel of the talion a lot too. I drag raced my wifey kraton vs talion and she couldn't beat me a single time just because she had to watch the throttle a lot more due to the kraton just poppin up like an angry animal :ROFLMAO:.

Your comment made me curious, and I just weighed both of them. I'm a bit surprised but I guess I kind of knew it would be close as I'm the one who carries them everywhere lol.

Kraton is 11lbs 10.2oz
Talion is 11lbs 6.2oz

This is without the body and battery. Kraton has the max 6 combo and Talion has the castle mmx8s 1717 combo. I wish my talion was lighter, but I still love the way it feels. Maybe I should go back to the tp 4060 though, it's 142.6 grams lighter apparently.
the6s backflips I would say are the best 6s tyres for the kraton. only problem is there a bit too expensive

Expensive???? Not really.
Have you checked prices on the other stuff out there?
I prefer the BF LP's best for off road.. K6s and Noto. Last longer, balloon less. Low profile. Same BF tread design. More durable.
If not Truggy Pin LP tires also.
RC tires always cost ya. A necessary evil.:rolleyes:

Kraton is 11lbs 10.2oz
Talion is 11lbs 6.2oz

This is without the body and battery.
:oops:
I went a bit overboard with my weight..
Moved to v3 motor mount and arms, removed all cooling, plastic braces, titanium pillow balls and links
IMG_7367.jpeg

:oops:
I went a bit overboard with my weight..
Moved to v3 motor mount and arms, removed all cooling, plastic braces, titanium pillow balls and links
View attachment 193979
Damn thats a really nice weight. Now I wonder what my weight is with the stock katars, I bet the backflips lp's weigh a bit more for sure. I also have lights installed in front and rear. ;(

The Talion is a bit of Kraton and a bit of Typhon. So if budget is limited it's a great inbetween. Can make it more like a Kraton with Backflips LP. And stay stock for gravel or pavement. If you go 6s on a Typhon you probably want to use a longer Kraton chassis. Typhon is pretty much limited to pavement, track or loose gravel.

Back in the V1 days, I started with Arrma with a Kraton and a Talion. V1 Talion was a bit different than current, as it had the same long shocks as the Kraton. about 6 months in, I got rid of the Talion for a Typhon, but I still have that v1 Kraton.

My current "Outcast" is a spare parts truck that is closer to a SWB Talion than a Outcast. (but it has the silver O6s body, so...)

For off road running, in rough-ish areas the Kraton, with longer shocks and a bit more ride height floats over the rough stuff better than the short shock truck. At the track, the SWB narrower truck wins in the maneuverability can cornering contest. I don't run much on-road, but I could see the lower profile Talion winning there. Throw a set of Dakar tires on the Kraton for some mowed-park bashing, and it gains a lot of maneuverability and quickness that a Talion has.

Comes down to where and how you bash. To me Kraton is King, because you can lower the ride height of the Kraton easy to match the Talion, but nothing short of a suspension swap will give the Talion the suspension travel the Kraton has.

Look at the short shocks and low stance on the Talion. Thing would probably get hung up on a carpet racing track. Unlike my Kraton which easily handles bashing in moon craters.
0F995280-9D46-497F-A9E7-B9B09E84A1EA.jpeg

🤣

Expensive???? Not really.
Have you checked prices on the other stuff out there?
I prefer the BF LP's best for off road.. K6s and Noto. Last longer, balloon less. Low profile. Same BF tread design. More durable.
If not Truggy Pin LP tires also.
RC tires always cost ya. A necessary evil.:rolleyes:
there expensive in uk nearly 100 pound for a set few years ago they were 60 pound a set prices have gone through the roof :cautious:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back