Kraton Kraton went for a swim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darvid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
79F25D51-D45B-46D2-AD04-37D7907FB459.jpeg

So I sent my Kraton for a swim, basically all was submerged up to the rear Tyre from the front end
Fell down a creek bank

Every thing is running and working. I stripped it cleaned it anyway and WD-40 all the screws and a light wipe with WD-40 of the drive shaft and suspension.

should I do anything eles other then what you can see in the photo

also tyres are under a heat lamp as the are soaking as well.

the battery hard case internal glue has failed I can feel the internal move.
thinking silicon from the port to stop it moving around.
FEC2ADAC-6194-4D1D-8093-56506C597C4E.jpeg

unrelated also noticed the mount is broken when pulling it off, I could try for Warranty or Super glue it. As was already broken when removing

Last edited:
View attachment 142800
So I sent my Kraton for a swim, basically all was submerged up to the rear Tyre from the front end
Fell down a creek bank

Every thing is running and working. I stripped it cleaned it anyway and WD-40 all the screws and a light wipe with WD-40 of the drive shaft and suspension.

should I do anything eles other then what you can see in the photo

also tyres are under a heat lamp as the are soaking as well
View attachment 142801
unrelated also noticed the mount is broken when pulling it off, I could try for Warranty or Super glue it. As was already broken when removing
Did you disassemble the drivetrain? I would definitely check all the bearings in your hubs and diffs. likely have water inside at least a couple. Either clean and re-lube or just replace. Since you have it this far stripped, may as well go a little deeper if you haven't already. As for the ESC mount....not a warranty IMHO. Glue it down with some mastic or something of that nature.

I have that same ESC problem with the broken tabs and they won’t replace it under warranty.

G
Did you disassemble the drivetrain? I would definitely check all the bearings in your hubs and diffs. likely have water inside at least a couple. Either clean and re-lube or just replace. Since you have it this far stripped, may as well go a little deeper if you haven't already. As for the ESC mount....not a warranty IMHO. Glue it down with some mastic or something of that nature.
Good advice, on both
yeah will strip the drivetrain I was going to be lazy and stop there but I know I should do it, have called it a day working on it also need to pick up some grease to pack it with after removal.
I have that same ESC problem with the broken tabs and they won’t replace it under warranty.
Any advice on the type of glue you used

Open the diff bulkheads, they may need to be cleaned out and regreased, check you tolerances while you're there. I would strip the motor down, careful not to lose any of the shimming washers or spaces when you pull the motor driveshaft out. Then replace the bearings or at the very least clean and reoil them. Also clean the motor on the inside of the can.

Not guna be a warranty on esc. Check n lube all
Look on the bright side
Its finally cleaned
Haha yep was due done about 10 packs now
Killed 2 servos in the process
My fist RC car leaning, I’m spending more time fixing then driving, half the fun
Open the diff bulkheads, they may need to be cleaned out and regreased, check you tolerances while you're there. I would strip the motor down, careful not to lose any of the shimming washers or spaces when you pull the motor driveshaft out. Then replace the bearings or at the very least clean and reoil them. Also clean the motor on the inside of the can.
Thanks, I have the motor out but did not even think about opening it up and cleaning

Last edited:
Back