Kraton wheel headaches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Necroscope

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Morning Guys,

So i love my Kraton, but im not happy with the tyres.

So after 3 runs the standards were replaced with some proline badlands 3.8. These were better but not the improvement i was after and i also wasn't a fan of the size (they look out of proportion IMO).

So i tried some Fastrax Jigsaws. I was warned they needed taping and after 1 run on 6S i can see why.

So i soaked them in Acetone, etched them, wiped them down and used Gorilla tape. I made a great job on glueing them BTW ;-)

The lasted 1.5 runs ;-( I was really happy with them after the first run.

So my question, is there a wheel and tyre combination, similar to the jigsaw that can take 6S bashing straight out the bag?

Whats the easiest way to fit Revo 2.0 wheels to the Kraton (is the offset right to stop them catching?)?

Many thanks, Phil.

I’ve got erevo 2.0 wheels on my Kraton and i like them.....they are a bit on the heavy side (aprox 400 grams per wheel) they have a offset of 1/2.....they don’t catch on my cover or suspension or where so ever...
The only thing you have to do to fit them is to dremel or cut them out...the extra plastic that is molded in the hex of the wheels. This prevents that traxxas wheels fit on other brands RC’s. You can cut them out easy....the plastic isn’t that hard. I sharpend a flat head screw driver and you can push the extra plastic right out...
F3BECD27-F6E6-4A54-87F4-53939676EF59.jpeg

969F34B4-5D85-4D99-9F77-6BC02341A2D1.jpeg

Here you can see on the hubs from traxxas that there are slots in the hubs.....an original traxxas wheel will fit right away......if you want to fit a traxxas wheel on your Arrma you wil have to cutor dremel these pieces of plastic out of the wheels to make them fit.....

Last edited:
Thanks, looks good too.

The Revo tyres do a good enough job on the Revo, so i may just concede defeat on finding anything else that works out of the box (i don't seem to have much luck taping).

I had also a struggel to find a wheel that fits perfectly on the Kraton....most Proline wheels are...or to big in diameter....or to small. I was looking for a wheel that has almost the same diameter as the stock Minokawa’s....that’s around 160 to 165mm... but i wanted a grippy profile......
Proline wheels like to balloon on 4s...and even worse on 6s....so no prolines for me.....Louise wheels...also not good for my liking (they balloon even faster and way to wide). I could pick some backflips from the notorious or Outcast.....but has an offset of 0 to 1/4.....and a diameter of 170 ish mm.....also a no go for me.
Untill i saw the wheels of the erevo 2.0.....so i went to the LHS.....i had a stock Minokawa wheel with me and compared it with the Talon EXT (erevo 2.0 wheel).....finally....almost the same diameter ...slightly wider....and some better grippy profile and an offset of 1/2 what is was looking for. This had to be it! I bought them, modified them to fit.....fitted them and went for a bash.
Omg.....wish i found those wheels earlier...

Last edited:
I don't think there is much performance difference between Backflips and 3.8's, i'm also not a fan of the look of the Backflips (not that that's the most important of things). They look great on the Outcast though.

I felt the taped jigsaw was great, i just cant make it work for me long term.

Backflips are very popular for the Kraton, I know mine has tons of grip.

TT

My personal search is over, thanks guys.

I knocked the inserts out with a sharp chisel (in seconds), fitted them and ran it up.

They still balloon, like they do on the Revo, but no where near as bad as the Jigsaw's.

I've only ran it so far on tarmac, but i know how the Revo grips over the jumps, so i should be as happy there, as on the carpark. I might thicken up the centre diff oil slightly, but that's a different matter

Ow and i think they look great and no taping required.

Thanks again.

Morning Guys,

So i love my Kraton, but im not happy with the tyres.

So after 3 runs the standards were replaced with some proline badlands 3.8. These were better but not the improvement i was after and i also wasn't a fan of the size (they look out of proportion IMO).

So i tried some Fastrax Jigsaws. I was warned they needed taping and after 1 run on 6S i can see why.

So i soaked them in Acetone, etched them, wiped them down and used Gorilla tape. I made a great job on glueing them BTW ;-)

The lasted 1.5 runs ;-( I was really happy with them after the first run.

So my question, is there a wheel and tyre combination, similar to the jigsaw that can take 6S bashing straight out the bag?

Whats the easiest way to fit Revo 2.0 wheels to the Kraton (is the offset right to stop them catching?)?

Many thanks, Phil.
1219181633.jpg
src worth a try.

Yeah, those don't balloon really at all, but they are prone to cracking if you jump much. I had a set for a while but spun a hex in one on my e-revo. The total lack of sidewall also makes them send all the punishment of a jump directly to the truck as well.

I did like them for bashing at the park though. Quite a bit of wheel spin, but helped tame the wheelies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back