Kraton Kraton Wheeliebar Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmadillo

Too Fast Too Tough For Roadkill
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 4s
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
Hey All, Kraton on order and assume it needs a wheeliebar. Gone to run 6S power. Want to keep this truck from doing wheelies.

I know their is the Tbone which I do like because it sits lower than the stock Arrma one from Outcast.

The stock bar sits to high for me from pics I've seen where as the tbone sits lower. Also from pics it looks like the tbone will double as a rear bumper/ skidplate.

Are my observations correct and has anyone recommendations for choosing.
Thanks ArrmaDillo

I bought the tbone wheelie bar when I bought my Kraton but it is still in the packet as I haven’t seen the need to install it yet even on 6s

I bought the tbone wheelie bar when I bought my Kraton but it is still in the packet as I haven’t seen the need to install it yet even on 6s
Ok that good, maby I could save a few bucks there. Do u run a rear bumper or rear skidplate.

I have a TBR wheelie bar on my not, and yes it keeps the truck lower- which is fine because that is already high enough to that I can wheelie on 6s for hundreds of feet at a time while spitting grass and dirt in the air. :)

I have a TBR wheelie bar on my not, and yes it keeps the truck lower- which is fine because that is already high enough to that I can wheelie on 6s for hundreds of feet at a time while spitting grass and dirt in the air. :)
Ok thanks, I'm not looking to do wheelies with the Kraton but prevent them. Member above said he has no need for one even on 6s. That's what I'm trying to find out if the Kraton needs one.

The tbone sits lower than the stock arrma, so if I need one it will be the tbone. Not aware of any others out there for the Kraton.

I have the TBone V4 bumper but no rear skid plate. I have the gka bracing and servo mount and i replaced the front A-arms after being assisted by a tree
Ok thanks, appreciate your response

Mine will flip on its lid on command on stock punch setting... I have the TBone wheelie bar and it’s great.. can ride a controlled Wheelie for 50 yards with ease... but the down fall is a hard rear landing sheared the screws right off of the bracket brace and now they are broke off clean flush with the diff case.

Attachments

• 8A44CD98-CA92-4D90-BBEE-69F4FCC912B9.jpeg
    8A44CD98-CA92-4D90-BBEE-69F4FCC912B9.jpeg
    914.4 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 152
Mine will flip on its lid on command on stock punch setting... I have the TBone wheelie bar and it’s great.. can ride a controlled Wheelie for 50 yards with ease... but the down fall is a hard rear landing sheared the screws right off of the bracket brace and now they are broke off clean flush with the diff case.
Ok thanks for that info and pics. I can live with the height of the wheelies with that bar judging by the top pic. I have read a review on the tbone with the same thing about the screws shearing off in the diff. That's a bummer because the stock arrma bar is toooo high for my liking. Wonder if the screws for the diff are weak or some more rigid would help.

I'm viewing this on my phone and just noticed the front tires balloon their butt off.

Ok thanks for that info and pics. I can live with the height of the wheelies with that bar judging by the top pic. I have read a review on the tbone with the same thing about the screws shearing off in the diff. That's a bummer because the stock arrma bar is toooo high for my liking. Wonder if the screws for the diff are weak or some more rigid would help.
Yeah I was NOT happy, but the landing was my fault.

Amen... now i floppy wheelie bar and flush broken screws in my rear diff
This is a problem with this wheeliebar. On tbones website there is a review of the very same breakage resulting with sheared screws and replacing diff cover. I so wanted to buy this wb but cant justify replacing diff covers everytime it lands on it's rearend.

I have both, t-bone rear bumper and Outcast wheelie bar. Works quite well, but might not suit you, if you don’t want big wheelies. Also, when/if you destroy your wing; replace it with an Outcast or Typhon wing..... they are way more ridged than the original Kraton V3 wing.

Attachments

• AE02407E-C4C0-460D-8D6C-0A3A56F6F8E5.jpeg
    AE02407E-C4C0-460D-8D6C-0A3A56F6F8E5.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 10CF576D-32C4-429A-8594-D44A71C54E64.jpeg
    10CF576D-32C4-429A-8594-D44A71C54E64.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I installed the Kraton wheelie bar on my Notorious last night. Based on what @arrmadillo said, I found some Associated screws with longer shanks before the thread started. Had to cut them down, as they were about 5mm too long (thanks @olds97_lss for showing me how to use the caliper to check:D), and I'm hoping they hold up better than the stock ones @T-Bone Racing included. It's an older kit, but I love the way it looks. Also wanted to mention that the people at T-Bone are sending me two new parts for my front XV4 2.0 bumper. They were kind enough to wave the second shipping fee, as I placed a request for the second part a few days after the first (International shipping fees to Canada). So far, every experience I've had with this company, has been top shelf. (y)(y)

1553740560274918398593878904480.jpg

Hi, I am looking for a wheelie bar to make wheelies on the road but also to protect on off-r.
I already made a mistake as my wing mount is rpm and cannot be mounted with the Arrma wheelie bar I just bought...
What is for you the best wheelie bar for the kraton 6s (V3) ? it is the TBR for dash?
Thx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back