Kraton Wheels and tires???

Kraton111

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What do you suggest for wheels and tires on the Kraton for more control on hard dirt tracks and some street use? Should I use the stock for the street and have 2nd set for grass and hard dirt? Also what about for big jumps?

dpricenator

Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Big jumps = tires with lots of sidewall. Not only is there extra cushion involved, but the rotational force will give you much more control in the air. i.e. easier to lift the nose, or drop the nose in order to land on all fours.

For street, I like the SRC Terrain Crushers, or Road Crushers. If you are going to run hard dirt too, get the Terrain Crushers. These are the only Belted Road tires around. Very low profile tire and ton of wheel. Normally I would say no to big jumps considering the lack of side wall. However, just yesterday I was jumping onto grass, and was launching from a grass ramp, to grass flats. The grass being the outfield of a softball field. probably 12 feet high and I walked off the length a 23 long paces, or basically 70 feet. So maybe the SRCs can be used for big jumps too.