Kraton Kraton wingmount with wheelie bar fitting issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin5

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a Kraton 6s V5 and I was attempting to install the wheelie bar from the Notorious exploded view chart part number AR320366 on the stock HD rear wing mount AR320347. Everything I've read said they were compatible. The hexes on both sides of the wheelie bar are supposed to fit right into the wing mount. However, while one side of the wheelie bar clicks right into the wing mount, the second side of the wing mount has hex indentations that are slightly angled which do not match up to the angles of the hexes on the wheelie bar. I've tried to attach this wheelie bar to a second set a wing mounts and even bought a second wheelie bar thinking that maybe that was the defective part, but no. It appears to not be compatible. I'm pulling my hair out because I can't find anyone else having this issue. What am I missing here?

Thank you!

PXL_20210319_191521156.jpg

PXL_20210319_191558242_2.jpg

Wiggle and a squeeze n
The hex protrusion on the wheelie and indentation on the wing mount angles are so far off that it doesn't even come close to fitting one another without completely rounding it off. That's with two different wheelie bars and two different wing mounts.

PXL_20210319_193426909.jpg

shows on here what this wheelie bar is compatible with.. that wing of yours is the heavy duty one? doesn't look to be the right one for that
https://www.makeitbuildit.co.uk/arr...sZf15uuvExQ0bRUBYfzm18PTwh5E1YecaAtZOEALw_wcB
The wing mount is the heavy duty one. In the exploded view of the notorious which comes with a wheelie bar, this exact wing mount is shown to be alongside that exact part number of the wheelie bar. That mount HD Rear Wing Mount set AR320347 is also the exact one that the Kraton comes with and a spare that I bought as well. Neither fit.

I have a Kraton 6s V5 and I was attempting to install the wheelie bar from the Notorious exploded view chart part number AR320366 on the stock HD rear wing mount AR320347. Everything I've read said they were compatible. The hexes on both sides of the wheelie bar are supposed to fit right into the wing mount. However, while one side of the wheelie bar clicks right into the wing mount, the second side of the wing mount has hex indentations that are slightly angled which do not match up to the angles of the hexes on the wheelie bar. I've tried to attach this wheelie bar to a second set a wing mounts and even bought a second wheelie bar thinking that maybe that was the defective part, but no. It appears to not be compatible. I'm pulling my hair out because I can't find anyone else having this issue. What am I missing here?

Thank you!

View attachment 133360

View attachment 133361
Bigger hammer 👍🏼

Looks like you are possibly installing the wheelie bar upside down. The hexes aren't situated symmetrically mirrored. Check out the contour of the outline on the wing mount in the last picture - the bump at the forward side goes up, you are holding the wheelie bar with the bump facing down.

Looks like you are possibly installing the wheelie bar upside down. The hexes aren't situated symmetrically mirrored. Check out the contour of the outline on the wing mount in the last picture - the bump at the forward side goes up, you are holding the wheelie bar with the bump facing down.
the hexes are concentric on the wheelie bar but not on the wing mount, turning upside down will not solve this problem :(

Either way makes no difference. I've tried it all. The wheelie connects to one side of the wing mount upside-down or not, but not the other side pictured above regardless of which way I try to attach it.

Either way makes no difference. I've tried it all. The wheelie connects to one side of the wing mount upside-down or not, but not the other side pictured above regardless of which way I try to attach it.
Dang was hoping it was something simple but overlook, like most of my assembly issues. Maybe time to round off the hexes on the wheelie bar?

Might try the dremel first and then the hammer! Just bummed that something that is said to fit and others have no issues putting together I gotta modify to fit my stock kraton.
I purchased one for my Kraton EXB. I did have a tough time installing it but I eventually worked it in

I purchased one for my Kraton EXB. I did have a tough time installing it but I eventually worked it in
Same here. It looked about like the picture above when I first tried mounting mine, but after some coercion, it finally went. QC on some of Armma’s parts are questionable.

I watched some videos of the wheelie bar getting installed and it was like "slide it in, put in two screws and wham! you're done". Here I am on forums trying to get advice on how to install the simplest part of the entire car. It has to be crappy stamping from factory.

Ended up being a simple fix. Took an xacto knife and thinly sliced the corners of the hexes on the wheelie bar to match the deformed wing mount side. Took maybe 30 seconds without the need to flex/force/hammer at it to fit. Didn't need to take off a lot at all for it to fit snugly into the wing mount. Hope this helps someone.

Back