Kraton Kraton with Trenchers overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the Hobbywing Turbo fans (30mm) or the WTF 4010 Ultra High Speed (40mm) for fans. Don’t know if you need a heatsink too?

I used the Yeah Racing Black 1/8 Aluminum Motor Heat Sink W/ Dual Cooling Fans YA-0261BK for my Typhon 6S.
thanks, is the heatsink really necessary?

???
20191002_170455.jpg

Hello,
I am looking for some help to find a suitable fan for the motor of my Kraton 6s. Any reference or brand to buy?

Thanks

Hii,

Im not sure but i think there are topics about this...but if its helps...i have a yeah racing heatsink...and a unknown brand fan ?
thanks, is the heatsink really necessary?

Yes because that is your mounting point for the fan screws

Kind of gives something for the fan to rest on. Fans don't usually last too long when the center isn't supported, unless they have an aluminum frame.
Thanks. Also I intend to replace the stock wheels . I see that the Proline badlands are well noted. Do you confirm?

Thanks. Also I intend to replace the stock wheels . I see that the Proline badlands are well noted. Do you confirm?
You can try the Badlands. There are a few sizes of them, so be aware. The MX28s are going to be small for a Kraton 6S. The 3.8 versions are probably the best sized. The 3.8X are very large and could cause issues if you don’t gear down.

A more popular option is the Backflip LP tires from the Outcast 4S truck. They are less expensive, weigh less, and have great traction. Don’t get me wrong, I really like my Badlands, but the next time I need tires, I’m getting the LPs. ??

You can try the Badlands. There are a few sizes of them, so be aware. The MX28s are going to be small for a Kraton 6S. The 3.8 versions are probably the best sized. The 3.8X are very large and could cause issues if you don’t gear down.

A more popular option is the Backflip LP tires from the Outcast 4S truck. They are less expensive, weigh less, and have great traction. Don’t get me wrong, I really like my Badlands, but the next time I need tires, I’m getting the LPs. ??
?thanks! Very helpful!

Hii guys

I have some questions..
I have a kraton and till today runned on small tires...so today i bought the proline trenchers...loaded up the 6s and went for a drive...
The first 15min were great no issues nothing.. after that my esc stalled so i thought poop did it brake..but is was just hot..turned my esc ( max8) off waited 15mins and turned it on again and after like 10 to 15min it stalled on me again..so i just need to gear it down i think? I have the stock pinion are there smaller ones i can use? Because i don't want my car te get so hot till the point were it turns off

Need help :)

You maybe got the answer already.

I will anyways try help

How many packs have you drive since NEW:

Bearings?
Diff oils?
Maybe you motor sits to tight,
do the paper method between pinion and main gear.

Couple times my engines got self tighten alot, maybe after alot jumps ?
Only couple times years of RC Driving. Its possible this can also happen, just saying. Check with Paper the pinion
can be the saver sometimes

Electrical connectors, are they nice and tight ? No corrosion ?
If you run at beach you need manytimes use wd40 and clean connectors and the whole car to avoid corrosion.
Also have you clean the Esc ever? Take off the fan, clean.
And the Fan goes fast ?
What Lipos you have? Brand ? What C rate? What shape are they? How many runs have these done ?

If everything here is very okey, then you can try go down 1 or 2 Toots in Pinion

Have you try dual fans at Motor?
Bigger and heavier wheels often needs better fans. Tyres like Pro Line grip alot better than many stock tyres,
this means your car Combo needs work alot harder

You maybe drive like a Maniac ? HEHE
My work sells them for $25 bucks any autozone will have them.

Is this US only?
I live EUROPE

Last edited:
Heat sink? I seen you video but you didn't mention who's or what it was.
He doesn’t have one. He uses a one off prototype from @Mr.Duke to hold the fans away from the motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back