Kraton Kraton won’t turn at higher speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamieg33

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello Arrma legends
I’ve got a v2 Kraton. Love it ! But I am having trouble figuring out to do with the steering -

- at higher speeds it’s like it just won’t turn.
I find I have to brake and slow right down just to get thing to turn.
- and then.... even at slow speed it’s like it starts to turn more the slower it gets (down to walking pace)
- Awesome power from servo when still - no issues there.
-just rebuilt all bearings and pillow ball joints , all is free and easy

- I have 36kg JX ecoboost servo (with a glitch buster) .

Is it too thicker diff oils?;
- Front 50k, Ctr: 1M, read 20k

Any thoughts I’d welcome them!

Thanks all ??

Yes you probably want a little thinner in the center to keep the front wheels on the ground more under power. Start by thinning it a little at a time until you get it where you like it. Front and rear look fine tho.

The servo saver on the newer models is factory set too loose imo. It is non adjustable. There are ways to tighten it with washers (search the site here, I’m sure it’s been covered a few times) or find an adjustable ss from an older model. Even at its best the Kraton 6s doesn’t turn great.

I don't think the v2 has the same servo saver as the newer models.

Just throwing out an idea but could the servo be asking for too much current from your receiver?

I don't think the v2 has the same servo saver as the newer models.

Just throwing out an idea but could the servo be asking for too much current from your receiver?
No the V4 Kraton 6S has a different non-adjustable servo saver. The V3 and older was adjustable

Nothing is going to turn well under full throttle.
Make sure your steering end points are set correctly under load. To do this first set the end points with the tires off the ground. Next with the steering turned full lock push on the leading edge of the inside tire and note how much steering your losing when the steering is under load. Keep pushing and adjusting the end points until you reach the endpoint under load. This will make huge difference.
Change your center diff to 200k. Remove the upper pillow balls spacer to increase front camber. Move all the spaces on the upper control arm pivot to the rear to decrease caster. Lay your front shock all the way down too.
These are the things I’ve done plus the Servo saver mod and stronger Servo and my Kraton handles way better than stock
Oh and turning your punch down to 2 or 3 will make it handle way better.

Nothing is going to turn well under full throttle.
Make sure your steering end points are set correctly under load. To do this first set the end points with the tires off the ground. Next with the steering turned full lock push on the leading edge of the inside tire and note how much steering your losing when the steering is under load. Keep pushing and adjusting the end points until you reach the endpoint under load. This will make huge difference.
Change your center diff to 200k. Remove the upper pillow balls spacer to increase front camber. Move all the spaces on the upper control arm pivot to the rear to decrease caster. Lay your front shock all the way down too.
These are the things I’ve done plus the Servo saver mod and stronger Servo and my Kraton handles way better than stock
Oh and turning your punch down to 2 or 3 will make it handle way better.
I know you posted this a while back, but I've just found your comment. I'm very new to RC etc, and I'd really like to get my K8s EXB to turn in more. Sp far I've pulled 2 of the 3 washers out each side of the pivot balls, next I'll try changing centre diff oil to 200k.

Would it be possible for you to add a bit more detail to the following, as I'm not able to understand exatly what you mean?

• Move all the spaces on the upper control arm pivot to the rear to decrease caster. - I can't see where you mean with this"
  • Lay your front shock all the way down too. What do you mean by this?
  • Does the k8s EXB need the servo saver mode?

Thanks!

I know you posted this a while back, but I've just found your comment. I'm very new to RC etc, and I'd really like to get my K8s EXB to turn in more. Sp far I've pulled 2 of the 3 washers out each side of the pivot balls, next I'll try changing centre diff oil to 200k.

Would it be possible for you to add a bit more detail to the following, as I'm not able to understand exatly what you mean?

• Move all the spaces on the upper control arm pivot to the rear to decrease caster. - I can't see where you mean with this"
  • Lay your front shock all the way down too. What do you mean by this?
  • Does the k8s EXB need the servo saver mode?

Thanks!
The upper control arm has spacers like these:
1000002571.jpg

There's two 1mm there at the rear of the arm. There's another single 2mm at the front.

I believe he meant move the front ones with the rear ones, so all on rear of arm.

As far as laying the shock down I'd guess he means move the shock stand-off to the inner most hole.

I could be wrong, someone can maybe verify.

Last edited:
View attachment 360978
There's two 1mm there at the rear of the arm. There's another single 2mm at the front.

I believe he meant move the front ones with the rear ones, so all on rear of arm.

As far as laying the shock down I'd guess he means move the shock stand-off to the inner most hole.

Thank you! I'll take a look. Appreciate the help.

View attachment 360978

Hmmm, mine does not seem to have those? Perhaps a later version?

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-17 at 14.18.30.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-17 at 14.18.11.jpeg

Back