Outcast Kraton worth buying if you own an Outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I you only had a Notorious which would you choose for your second RC?
If you are looking for something completely different, then yes, the Typhon or Senton 6s would suffice. The Kraton behaves quite differently than the Outorious (IMO). The Kraton does everything the the Outorious does, but just does it better.... besides stunts.......However, drop a 16t, 6s, increase punch, decrease brake drag and you can make her dance in the air pretty good.

Also, the size comparison was a bit disappointing too; I love the Typhon, but the Kraton just dwarfs it.
52D7916D-6A1B-4C4E-A76B-86429098A11F.jpeg

These are what I'm running on my Typhon: GRP Tyres 1:8 GT Velocity Slick S4 Soft Medium Black Dish Belted On-Road Rubber Tires GRPGTV02-S4 × 2. They don't balloon like the stock tires. I also changed the center diff fluid to 100k.

I use Road Crushers on my Talion too for parking lots. A lot of fun. After experiencing the Typhon with GRPs, I'm not so excited to drive the Talion on road so much.

I just picked up the Kraton lwb chassis from Jennys Rc, and ordered the longer center dogbone & Hot Racing long rear chassis brace from Amain. I have enough aluminum square tubing left to build another, longer, tower to tower brace, and the Notorious body is long enought to ream two new holes for the extended body mount position. The plan is to enjoy the Notorious as long as I can, hopefully master some of the amazing stunts I've seen in all the videos, then do a swap to the long wheel base when I get bored. Hope I didn't miss anything, but after reviewing the exploded views and parts lists of both trucks, seems like a pretty easy swap.

are the belted tires useless in grass on a notorious how much extra pressure is being put on the truck due to loosing all the cusion of the stock backflips

I just picked up the Kraton lwb chassis from Jennys Rc, and ordered the longer center dogbone & Hot Racing long rear chassis brace from Amain. I have enough aluminum square tubing left to build another, longer, tower to tower brace, and the Notorious body is long enought to ream two new holes for the extended body mount position. The plan is to enjoy the Notorious as long as I can, hopefully master some of the amazing stunts I've seen in all the videos, then do a swap to the long wheel base when I get bored. Hope I didn't miss anything, but after reviewing the exploded views and parts lists of both trucks, seems like a pretty easy swap.

I did the same thing but use a Talion chassis and the truck is way better than the old SWB chassis... You will love it..

Just thought I would add a side not here in my previous post I mentioned i purchased the RPM bumper. When I installed the bumper I noticed the RPM is not an exact match so i took it off and ordered a T-bone bumper...I think I like the T-Bone better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back