Kraton Kraton XL advantages?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeHurricane

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 8s
  8. Senton 3s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Hi all,
I was just wondering what the advantages are for a Kraton XL build. I have some ideas but would like to know what it’s really best for. (Whether it should be on my future purchase or build list)

It seems like the SWB 6S is best for stunting and flips when jumping but hard to get on the power quick because of its tend to wheelie. The Kraton 6S is a good all around... is the XL better for power builds , soaking up the bumps and bigger jumps?
TIA,
Hurricane

Not quite sure what you mean by XL Kraton. 🤷‍♂️
6s Noto and OC and Typhon are SWB, Kraton and Talion are LWB, and Mojave is XLWB.
And FWIW worth the Lim/Fel/Infr. Chassis is a hair shorter than the XLWB.
Just pick your flavor of chassis.:LOL:

Not any of the Arrma offerings. The ones I have seen are built using the Mojave chassis for a longer wheelbase? I suspect that RCproponent is making one now...
Hurricane

Not any of the Arrma offerings. The ones I have seen are built using the Mojave chassis for a longer wheelbase? I suspect that RCproponent is making one now...
Hurricane
image.jpg
Yes sir, in progress.
I guess a lot of the attraction to this hybrid is its right in the middle of a 8s and 6s rig. You won’t wheelie as much as it’s a longer wheel base so you can really add some big power and be able to use it without wheelies all over the place. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Also some big wheels and tires I’m sure will be in order.

Nope... a 1/8th scale Kraton with the longer Mojave chassis, usually M2C. I’ve seen them in the classified and thought that Thomas of TP parts fame

Hurricane
View attachment 131759Yes sir, in progress.
I guess a lot of the attraction to this hybrid is its right in the middle of a 8s and 6s rig. You won’t wheelie as much as it’s a longer wheel base so you can really add some big power and be able to use it without wheelies all over the place. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Also some big wheels and tires I’m sure will be in order.
Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to make sure that I understood the advantages... just in case...😀
Hurricane

Last edited:
Back