Kraton Kraton XL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will.

Reaction score
I have finally finished my project, it has taken me a while to collect everything needed, but I'm impressed with the outcome and ready to show it off....
A mix of m2c and crcu. A painted body I did myself. First ever sprayed body!
Soldered new connection!
Built my own 12v fans and connections.
It's running with a max 6 combo.
The suspension is from a fireteam.

20221124_105116.jpg

20221124_125229.jpg

IMG-20221129-WA0003.jpeg

20221211_072738.jpg

20221210_172142.jpg

20221124_125059.jpg

IMG-20221129-WA0001.jpeg

20221201_152435.jpg

20221214_101846.jpg

I have finally finished my project, it has taken me a while to collect everything needed, but I'm impressed with the outcome and ready to show it off....
Soldered new connection!

View attachment 262722

View attachment 262723

View attachment 262724

View attachment 262725

View attachment 262726

View attachment 262728

View attachment 262729

View attachment 262730

View attachment 262731
Sick build man,I just gonna start my XL,got pretty much all,but don't know what rear shaft I have to use if the Mojave or krato?? Thanks in advance

Yeah I have some, since that picture I have trimmed it all back..
Poor
Sick build man,I just gonna start my XL,got pretty much all,but don't know what rear shaft I have to use if the Mojave or krato?? Thanks in advance
Hi, I ordered the centre drive shafts from m2c. I think you need 1 mojave front shaft and the front kraton on for the rear.
Rear mojave and front kraton are the same. The front mojave shaft is the longest.

Last edited:
Poor

Hi, I ordered the centre drive shafts from m2c. I think you need 1 mojave front shaft and the front kraton on for the rear.
Rear mojave and front kraton are the same. The front mojave shaft is the longest.
Really appreciate the help,will post 📸 after done

I'm looking to something very similar with my Kraton 6s. Now was that conversion from an EXB or an RTR? I currently have the v5 RTR (Kraton) and was looking to do the Mojave chassis conversion as well.

Any idea of that shell you have would fit with the v5 RTR suspension and body mounts?

I'm looking to something very similar with my Kraton 6s. Now was that conversion from an EXB or an RTR? I currently have the v5 RTR (Kraton) and was looking to do the Mojave chassis conversion as well.

Any idea of that shell you have would fit with the v5 RTR suspension and body mounts?
To be honest it was really made up from breakers, it's all new gear, front and rear drive was from a new kraton exb along with centre diff. The rest I got from m2c and crcu. I wasnt planning on using much from a kraton exb. So decided to buy the parts I wanted. I did have alot of spares from my other two cars. Outcast exb and a notorious v5.
To be honest it was really made up from breakers, it's all new gear, front and rear drive was from a new kraton exb along with centre diff. The rest I got from m2c and crcu. I wasnt planning on using much from a kraton exb. So decided to buy the parts I wanted. I did have alot of spares from my other two cars. Outcast exb and a notorious v5.
The shell I used was a hpi savage xl but if you search through the forum you can see others.

The shell I used was a hpi savage xl but if you search through the forum you can see others.
I wanted the fire teams black shocks and motor mount, so stuff like that was cheaper to build from scratch than buy a kraton exb then modify to a xl. Lots of wasnt parts.

Soldered new connection!

View attachment 262722

View attachment 262723

View attachment 262724

View attachment 262725

View attachment 262726

View attachment 262728

View attachment 262729

View attachment 262730

View attachment 262731
max 6 combo... Which motor? My biggest Bad Wolf needs a ESC and Motor upgrade badly.

If ya zoom waaaay in the 3rd pic you can see it's a 4985 1650kv, or @ least it was
I believe I read here that a 4985 WILL fit in a stock 6s BLX motor mount for a Typhon, FireTeam, etc. Is that correct?

I believe I read here that a 4985 WILL fit in a stock 6s BLX motor mount for a Typhon, FireTeam, etc. Is that correct?
Yes, you might have to loosen a few screws of the side guard and push it to the side to slide the motor in easier...but once in it fits perfectly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back