Kraton Kraton XL (maybe a Talion later) build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Kaos911~

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
How's it going AF family? Been away for awhile, but haven't stopped bashing. Decided to restart the new year off with a build. Turning my Kraton 6s into a XL using my naked Mojave EXB Chassis. Several screws and other interchangeable parts from the MEXB have gone to my son's Kraton, to help save him some $$ on parts.

I didn't do anything fancy or use fancy parts in this build just a parts swap, at least for now!

20230108_120256_HDR.jpg

Before Kraton 6s on left MEXB chassis on right
20230108_151039_HDR.jpg

Stopping point so my back can recoup 😂 new XL on left old Kraton chassis on right.

How's it going AF family? Been away for awhile, but haven't stopped bashing. Decided to restart the new year off with a build. Turning my Kraton 6s into a XL using my naked Mojave EXB Chassis. Several screws and other interchangeable parts from the MEXB have gone to my son's Kraton, to help save him some $$ on parts.

I didn't do anything fancy or use fancy parts in this build just a parts swap, at least for now!

View attachment 268379
Before Kraton 6s on left MEXB chassis on rightView attachment 268380
Stopping point so my back can recoup 😂 new XL on left old Kraton chassis on right.

Great way to kick off the New Year!

Welcome back to the forum.

A quick question -
Does the front and rear angled chassis brace interchange?

It's crazy how different is from the regular K6 to the XL K6,got both and K6 was my go to Rc to bash and now whit the XL K6 is just great,just got to have a leat 12 lipos to come back home tired 🤣🤣🤣

So if you do an XL build and already have a Kraton 6s, you can reuse the top plate when adding an EXB front brace, just take it off and flip it over so you see "EXB compatible" the holes are different sizes for a plastic brace and an EXB brace.
20230109_083002.jpg

Standard BLX configuration
20230109_083014.jpg

Flipped over to use an EXB front brace.
20230109_091208.jpg

One other note for anyone doing a build or even just routine maintenance. The interactive exploded view at arrma-rc.com helps when you can't remember where a screw goes.

Last edited:
Just another tip! Double check what needs to go on in what order. Just put the RPM wing mount on and after getting the two screws mixed up (good grief Charlie Brown), I realized that the mount blocks the hole to put the tower to tower brace on! 🤦🏼‍♂️ One step forward, two steps back. Hopefully this will prevent someone else from doing repetitive work, Lord knows it won't stop me. 😂

After you’ve rebuild 20 or more Kratons you won’t need the exploded views!😂😂😂😂
I am planning another build after this, I mean now I have a Kraton chassis sitting around. That one will be a bit more difficult for me as I have to make sure to order the right parts for whichever vehicle I decide on. Leaning towards a stretched Typhon for some road ripping, but that is another few weeks down the road and a million questions to ask.

I am planning another build after this, I mean now I have a Kraton chassis sitting around. That one will be a bit more difficult for me as I have to make sure to order the right parts for whichever vehicle I decide on. Leaning towards a stretched Typhon for some road ripping, but that is another few weeks down the road and a million questions to ask.
I always have a next build going! 😂 rebuilt the diffs 40/500/20 with full LSD. Going to be a XL kraton
AA5FBC55-9CC1-4B5E-ABCC-2B069D67173E.png

Almost finished, just waiting on my standoffs and grubs to arrive. Need to run time down my fan wire and recalibrate/set endpoints. Did put the Mojave side guards on, going to keep the Kraton guards with the original chassis.
20230110_171334.jpg

Still have the run and tie down the fan wires (blue heat shrink), calibrate and endpoints.
20230110_171306.jpg

Waiting on standoffs and grubs screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back