Kraton Kraton Xl question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
For those of you who did the Kraton XL, did you have to use the Mojave top plate to fit the front Mojave chassis brace? I got a carbon fiber top plate for a Kraton and the Mojave chassis brace is a half a hole off. It hits the servo mount and won’t line up. When researching I didn’t see that I needed the Mojave top plate. Thanks!

DF84A604-312A-45C7-BAA7-DDE37062585D.jpeg

Looks look your servo is installed sideways, turn the servo mount 90˚ and it should work.
No problem fitting mojave chassis to my Tailon EXB.

Heres a pic of my Talion XL :
IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome!!! Thank you!! I was about to break out the dremel and make it fit haha. I could’ve sworn that’s how my servo was mounted in the Kraton haha
It is how it is mounted in kraton. But the Mojave chance he has a different layout the post above is right you have to flip the servo so it's long ways
Is that a Baserqueen Carbon fiber top plate? If so, the holes are way off.

View attachment 212870
I believe the holes are like that so u can flip hers over for a 4mm and flip other side for a 3mm. Idk for sure but that always what I thought 🤷🏼‍♂️

Is that a Baserqueen Carbon fiber top plate? If so, the holes are way off.

View attachment 212870
Yes. I got a combo deal with the v4 Kraton towers and a few other carbon fiber parts. On the v4 Kraton exploded view and the Mojave exb/rtr, the top plate has different mounting holes for the chassis brace. Both are 2 different part numbers. I mounted my servo the way it shows in the Kraton manual but didn’t think to see how it was mounted on the Mojave exb. It should fit perfect once I turn the servo 90 degrees.

I believe the holes are like that so u can flip hers over for a 4mm and flip other side for a 3mm. Idk for sure but that always what I thought 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes, but look how far off the hole spacing is. I think the 4mm holes line up but there is no way the 3mm hole will line up.

EDIT- the M4 hole should line up once you orient your servo correctly. The M3 hole on the BQ CF top plate is way off when used with plastic braces.

Yes. I got a combo deal with the v4 Kraton towers and a few other carbon fiber parts. On the v4 Kraton exploded view and the Mojave exb/rtr, the top plate has different mounting holes for the chassis brace. Both are 2 different part numbers. I mounted my servo the way it shows in the Kraton manual but didn’t think to see how it was mounted on the Mojave exb. It should fit perfect once I turn the servo 90 degrees.
Yup should fit 👍🏻
Yes, but look how far off the hole spacing is. I think the 4mm holes line up but there is no way the 3mm hole will line up.
Yea it's doesn't line up with the stock one. But he's using EXB braces witch I believe is 4mm so he should be fine

It is how it is mounted in kraton. But the Mojave chance he has a different layout the post above is right you have to flip the servo so it's long ways

@Jordan10R is right Kraton servo is mounted 90˚ off from Mojave.

Mojave EXB servo mount
IMG_0782.JPG

Kraton RTR:
IMG_0784.JPG

Only reason I know is I did the same thing my boy @jondilly helped me out
I was getting frustrated trying to tinker and keep my 1yr old from stealing my tools and parts. I was about to dremel the chassis brace haha . I put my stuff away for now until my little monster stops smothering me haha. I appreciate all the help guys!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back