Kraton Kraton6s it is!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TroutSlayerco

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Well I finally decided on the kraton6. Pretty nice truck! Hope to go thru it and learn the details but I’m happy with the purchase, just not the price tag! This forum is really informative so thanks for everyone posting stuff- especially for newbies like me!

Make sure you use a mini torch when removing screws the first time the workers like the pour red loctite on he screws
Make sure you use a mini torch when removing screws the first time the workers like the pour red loctite on he screws

^ advice so nice, it had to be given twice! :D

You may want to change the radio ASAP. It's really bad, laggy and glitchy. Literally any other 2.4ghz Tx/Rx will be better!

Yeah I’ve read about things to expect. The radio will be an upgrade Immediately, along with bearings, chassis support and some other ones on the list! I’m sure I will be asking for help at some point. I’m excited though, this thing is a beast. Not drove it myself as I’m going to go thru and double check for anything that needs tightening!

youre gonna love it!! Ask any Qs and the search bar is decent. I find answers to be well indexed in google too from this forum.

Your gana love it bro ?? I can't stress enough, get good tools! Order a set of mip hex drivers. 1.5mm 2.0mm and 2.5 mm. Use a mini torch on screws that are locktight. Any screw going into metal will be locktight. Watch as many wrenching videos on YouTube as you possibly can. And most importantly, ask any question you have here on this forum. HAVE FUN BRO! ??

I'll have to repeat other suggestions as well. Go with a good set of hex. MIP to break things loose by hand, then you can use a second cheaper set (or MIP also) chucked up in a drill for speed. I've been doing a lot of wrenching on my outcast the last two weeks, and found it very advantageous to have hand driver hexes, and whatever you need chucked up in a drill. It gets annoying constantly switching bits personally.

Add to that a tekton nut driver set, and your golden. The mini t-wrenches can be equally annoying after a while. You can either get the set, which is cheaper overall. Or just buy what you need. I like the bigger handles, and it wont roll off the table super easy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200613-011505_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200613-011505_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 41
Hey @TroutSlayerco you must like to fish. (You can’t get anything passed me) me too. Kraton is a lot of fun. Mine now is heavily upgraded but I drove it for maybe 6 months before I did anything. Like the guys said above, some decent tools, buy a bearing set to have on hand and maybe change the radio. I have no experience with it but from the fallout from it here on the forum, it should be changed out for better performance. Have fun with the truck!

This should be on the homepage in bold letters with a neon background.

I don’t remember doing that!!!!?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Lol! Yes, I’m a fly fisherman in Colorado! So this is the perfect little hobby at home with my 9 year old daughter( bought a traxxas rambler for her) so yeah guys mip sounds like the big dogs for tools. Like you said Harlon I’ve watched some videos on mip and they sit tight. So probably take out a second mortgage for those!!!!!!!!!!! And I agree, gonna be time consuming to pull screws manually! Which I have no issue with because I’m excited to get to work on this thing! But a drill once loosened would be nice!

Well finally getting my parts together so hopefully I can start upgrading! Pretty hard not to take this out for a little taste but I’m determined to do the work first. Meshing those gears are going to be fun for my first time. You guys are really a huge help and with past threads and you tube I’m hoping to get thru!!!!!!!! So far my parts lists! M2c- front and rear braces/droop screws/Ackerman bar/hinge pins. Hot Racing-alum steering link combo w25t arm/alum delrin hub nut/some wing buttons for flare. Ha ha. FastEddy bearings! Robinson extra hard 14t pinion! Jbi servo mount Rpm-wing mounts(plastic)/rear skid plate Tbone racing- front and rear bumpers Futaba 3! Yeah racing heatsink with dual fans coming! And still undecided on the servo yet!!!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back