Kraton Kraton's 1st swim...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justintime

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Took the Kraton V4 to the skate park today. Got the flips going awesome. So I decided to add some more speed to my launch..... I know there is a lot of water features in park. Judging distance between ramp/ pond, I got this poop! Kids watching, skaters anticipating, and a itchy finger. Perfect approach, launch, double backflip into the river..... zero splash, a perfect 10! Lol. Well poop. Kids laughing, I'm tripping. 3rd run... Thinking about 3 bills or so to get back up. (When it sunk to bottom, it stopped working) No swimming sign my ass! I go in waist deep to retrieve the wet beast. Stankin' ass water, school field trips and all. Best day ever. I became Super Step Dad in my bonus son's eyes! Like a wet dog, I shake off and drain the beast. Unplug batt and head home. Shower and disassemble time. All electronics out to dry. Bags of rice, compressed air and a leaf blower was used. Hr later and I reassemble. Plug up batt. Viola! The Beast is alive! Holy poop this thing is a train! I landed 10 times on the cranium before going diving. Nice job Arrma!

Took the Kraton V4 to the skate park today. Got the flips going awesome. So I decided to add some more speed to my launch..... I know there is a lot of water features in park. Judging distance between ramp/ pond, I got this poop! Kids watching, skaters anticipating, and a itchy finger. Perfect approach, launch, double backflip into the river..... zero splash, a perfect 10! Lol. Well poop. Kids laughing, I'm tripping. 3rd run... Thinking about 3 bills or so to get back up. (When it sunk to bottom, it stopped working) No swimming sign my ass! I go in waist deep to retrieve the wet beast. Stankin' ass water, school field trips and all. Best day ever. I became Super Step Dad in my bonus son's eyes! Like a wet dog, I shake off and drain the beast. Unplug batt and head home. Shower and disassemble time. All electronics out to dry. Bags of rice, compressed air and a leaf blower was used. Hr later and I reassemble. Plug up batt. Viola! The Beast is alive! Holy poop this thing is a train! I landed 10 times on the cranium before going diving. Nice job Arrma!
Sounds like you got to it time, and that's amazing. When my Noto went swimming, it took me almost 15 minutes to get to where it was. Lying upside down in the water, and the wheels were still turning slowly. Needless to say, the esc and servo didn't make it. Horizon sent new ones, so I guess waterproof means waterproof!
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/the-day-the-notorious-went-for-a-swim.11560/post-133171

Sounds like you got to it time, and that's amazing. When my Noto went swimming, it took me almost 15 minutes to get to where it was. Lying upside down in the water, and the wheels were still turning slowly. Needless to say, the esc and servo didn't make it. Horizon sent new ones, so I guess waterproof means waterproof!
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/the-day-the-notorious-went-for-a-swim.11560/post-133171
Ahahahaaaaa, was part 3 the last of it? Or did I miss the retrival?
That was just asking for trouble lol and that cliff.... Shiz looked steep! Lol man that was awesome.... Wish we saw it fly off!!

Ahahahaaaaa, was part 3 the last of it? Or did I miss the retrival?
That was just asking for trouble lol and that cliff.... Shiz looked steep! Lol man that was awesome.... Wish we saw it fly off!!
It was part three, and I was so pissed, I didn't record the retrieval. The camera didn't see it, cause I was watching the Noto and not concentrating on the filming. It flipped, cart wheeled and went over the embankment. Wife was not pleased with the mud up to my knees from going down and fishing it out. Lesson learned. Now if I could just stop hitting the same tree in my neighbors yard, every time I jump there, I might be able to enjoy a run to lvc one day. ?

Both of you guys were lucky to retrieve your rigs in not so deep water. If it were a deeper lake or something, snorkel and fins or possibly scuba gear needed.

That's a very succinct story thread right there and with a happy ending to boot!! Well done!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back