large buggy/truggy tires for kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carckton driver

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
i want a tire for my kraton that will work better on a hard pack track. i ordered a set of duratrax x-cons (the 5.67 inch ones) from amazon and what showed up was not what i ordered, although what i ended up getting did somewhat resemble x-cons. they ended up shiping me a set of god knows what that are 4.4 inches tall. seriously, no markings anywhere on tire or wheel. one set was in a duratrax bag and there doesn't appear to be any duratrax parts numbers anywhere. anyways i ran them today on the track and i liked how much more they hooked up than the stock copperheads. what i didnt like is that i had much less ground clearance/suspension travel and i had zero control in the air with the lightweight tiny tires. seriously if i didnt launch it perfect off the takeoff there was nothing i could do about even on 6s. i would like to buy a set of the 5.67 inch xcons (preferably 0 offse) or a set of the (larger) posse tires. problem is i cant find them anywhere for sale for any sort of reasonable price without paying $20 for shipping on top if it. since those tires seem like they are so hard to find are there any other larger buggy/truggy tires that would have a diameter closer to the 6 inches of the stock tires? i read the threads that showed related to this but they all pretty much went nowhere fast.
thanks

backflip 6s from the 6s outcast best wheel and tire combo ever

I run proline wheels and tires racing. Small to medium sized pins.

Moved on to AKA tires for my race cars though

The funny part is a track favorite is the out of production CrimeFighters from proline. We're stuck finding it anywhere we can.

Last edited:

I keep seeing recommendations for Method tires..

So could someone educate me on who they really are..
Are they an individual or a group of guys (or gals)? And Where are they based??
I couldn't really find anything specific on their website.

Inquiring minds like to know..

i want a tire for my kraton that will work better on a hard pack track. i ordered a set of duratrax x-cons (the 5.67 inch ones) from amazon and what showed up was not what i ordered, although what i ended up getting did somewhat resemble x-cons. they ended up shiping me a set of god knows what that are 4.4 inches tall. seriously, no markings anywhere on tire or wheel. one set was in a duratrax bag and there doesn't appear to be any duratrax parts numbers anywhere. anyways i ran them today on the track and i liked how much more they hooked up than the stock copperheads. what i didnt like is that i had much less ground clearance/suspension travel and i had zero control in the air with the lightweight tiny tires. seriously if i didnt launch it perfect off the takeoff there was nothing i could do about even on 6s. i would like to buy a set of the 5.67 inch xcons (preferably 0 offse) or a set of the (larger) posse tires. problem is i cant find them anywhere for sale for any sort of reasonable price without paying $20 for shipping on top if it. since those tires seem like they are so hard to find are there any other larger buggy/truggy tires that would have a diameter closer to the 6 inches of the stock tires? i read the threads that showed related to this but they all pretty much went nowhere fast.
thanks
Back FLip LP's. Low profile variant of the 6s Back flip.... If you want that MT Look.:giggle:

Or just use Proper Truggy Pin tires. Also low profile. What you really want on a High bite track. Skip MT tires altogether for track use. Not the way to go.
I have DuraTrax Truggy X-Cons.( Zero offset). Medium size pins. Low profile. Balloon very little. Well made tires. I like them very much. These would be more appropriate for most any track. Including High bite. And there are other types of Truggy Treads available for track use. PL also makes great 1/8 Truggy wheels and tires.
6s Kraton in reality, is just a Truggy anyway. Not really a MT IMHO. And on most1/8 tracks, running 4s is more common. Especially mandatory on sanctioned tracks. Truggy tires will hook up.
My spin. :cool:

20221023_135731.jpg

Last edited:
I keep seeing recommendations for Method tires..

So could someone educate me on who they really are..
Are they an individual or a group of guys (or gals)? And Where are they based??
I couldn't really find anything specific on their website.

Inquiring minds like to know..
Their paypal is chinese. I really like the tires but I mainly use them on road. I thought they did decently at my bmx spot though and that is a rough surface to go fast on.
Guys, he asked about track tires, not basher tires.
True but to be fair it's for a kraton so it's not like he is trying to be super competitive with a real racer.

Guys, he asked about track tires, not basher tires.
THANK YOU.
I run proline buckshot tires on my truggy and they measure 5.5 tall and 2.5 wide
thanks. those look very interesting, i haven't seen those before. a bit expensive no?
True but to be fair it's for a kraton so it's not like he is trying to be super competitive with a real racer.
to be fair i asked about track tires not basher tires (see the post you quoted) :ROFLMAO:

THANK YOU.

thanks. those look very interesting, i haven't seen those before. a bit expensive no?

to be fair i asked about track tires not basher tires (see the post you quoted) :ROFLMAO:
My bad for thinking you wanted ideas that might work. I thought if you intended to be that anal about it you'd not be using a kraton in the first place. I think others had the same idea as me considering all the MT tire suggestions you got.

Method is based in California. Well known for crawling and rock racing wheels/tires. I have a few on 1/10 from ages ago and still holding up.
You are kind of mixing apples and oranges… check out AKA

Buckshots are 39$ a set on A Main
Same with AKA impacts on price also a good choice

This is the average $for truggy tires they are a good amount larger in size compared to buggy tires

My bad for thinking you wanted ideas that might work. I thought if you intended to be that anal about it you'd not be using a kraton in the first place. I think others had the same idea as me considering all the MT tire suggestions you got.
He hurt your feelings huh?

Method is based in California. Well known for crawling and rock racing wheels/tires. I have a few on 1/10 from ages ago and still holding up.
You are kind of mixing apples and oranges… check out AKA
You are confused with Method Scale Car Offroad Beadlock wheels. And Vanquish Products (Cali. RC brand) holds a Method License to replicate them for Scale RC Crawlers.
MethodRC is a different RC wheel company altogether. China made, Taiwan based co.
I only know that all their tires are belted and need to be glued up. They are not premounted.. Just come assembled.
They make a plug and play Mojave belted tire option. But Earl Moorhead videos had showed bad results with them Ballooning out and rubber stretching out beyond use rather quickly. ( Dirt and Grass, 8s)

Last edited:
@carckton driver,
pretty much all 1/8 Truggy track tires are similar in dimensions and profile. PL, AKA, and DTX. Being a track spec tire. And Zero offset Disk wheels keeps the Truggy within Width specs to race on Sanctioned tracks. I don't know how serious you are at the track or where you are running. For just practice driving, does not matter I guess? For the fun of it.
And I never seen a 1/8 track allow 6s lipos. A safety liability and just tears up the track. Only 4s. FWIW. Most tracks would not handle the 6s power and speed anyway. Too hard to get around the track. Typically Pro level drivers are only hitting maybe 38 mph tops on large tracks with long straights.

This all for fun people, no racing happening.
I thought i was pretty specific in my OP. I just want good hard packed, just your avarage dirt track, track tires that will hook up. Its my experience almost all MT style tires suck on a track.
Buckshots are 39$ a set on A Main
Same with AKA impacts on price also a good choice

This is the average $for truggy tires they are a good amount larger in size compared to buggy tires
For the larger ones? Couldnt find that orice anywhere. Cheapest i found was $55. Thats over 110 for a set of 4, ouch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back