large buggy/truggy tires for kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want a tire for my kraton that will work better on a hard pack track. i ordered a set of duratrax x-cons (the 5.67 inch ones) from amazon and what showed up was not what i ordered, although what i ended up getting did somewhat resemble x-cons. they ended up shiping me a set of god knows what that are 4.4 inches tall. seriously, no markings anywhere on tire or wheel. one set was in a duratrax bag and there doesn't appear to be any duratrax parts numbers anywhere. anyways i ran them today on the track and i liked how much more they hooked up than the stock copperheads. what i didnt like is that i had much less ground clearance/suspension travel and i had zero control in the air with the lightweight tiny tires. seriously if i didnt launch it perfect off the takeoff there was nothing i could do about even on 6s. i would like to buy a set of the 5.67 inch xcons (preferably 0 offse) or a set of the (larger) posse tires. problem is i cant find them anywhere for sale for any sort of reasonable price without paying $20 for shipping on top if it. since those tires seem like they are so hard to find are there any other larger buggy/truggy tires that would have a diameter closer to the 6 inches of the stock tires? i read the threads that showed related to this but they all pretty much went nowhere fast.
thanks

It looks like Horizon discontinued the X-Cons :confused: https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/x-cons-1-8-mounted-c2-truggy-tires-2/DTXC3660.html

This all for fun people, no racing happening.

I thought i was pretty specific in my OP. I just want good hard packed, just your avarage dirt track, track tires that will hook up. Its my experience almost all MT style tires suck on a track.

For the larger ones? Couldnt find that orice anywhere. Cheapest i found was $55. Thats over 110 for a set of 4, ouch.
074B0B3F-8BE8-40C0-91C1-67408D517F71.png

Sorry I don’t know how to attach a link

I think I am to old and out of touch with technology

And I wanted another set of them.:rolleyes: They are that good for me.
The X-Cons were fairly cheap compared to the other Truggy tire Brands. These are probably the most durable compared to any of my MT tires. IMHO.
Need the Zero offset versions. They also make 1/2" offset. Be careful when shopping. I also have a set in 1/2" OS. Very wide track width results. Also may work for some of us as an alternative? IDK . I am set on the Zero's myself . Having tried both here.:cool:

3 Pairs left available here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1943478938...044&customid=3d8d3006f4b318b1b8a8535ef7e0e496

Same here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1943478938...044&customid=3d8d3006f4b318b1b8a8535ef7e0e496

Last edited:
And I wanted another set of them.
The X-Cons were fairly cheap compared to the other Truggy Brands. These are probably the most durable compared to any of my MT tires. IMHO.
Amazon is your friend for this one

48DBDA66-4FE0-486C-9128-A56BD6568335.png

Just that these above are smaller Buggy wheels, not Truggies.
But may grab a set for my TLRT Typhon Buggy.
TYVM.
:)

I'm still finding them, but that sucks. Thanks again HH for discontinuing the good stuff, as usual..
i want a tire for my kraton that will work better on a hard pack track. i ordered a set of duratrax x-cons (the 5.67 inch ones) from amazon and what showed up was not what i ordered, although what i ended up getting did somewhat resemble x-cons. they ended up shiping me a set of god knows what that are 4.4 inches tall. seriously, no markings anywhere on tire or wheel. one set was in a duratrax bag and there doesn't appear to be any duratrax parts numbers anywhere. anyways i ran them today on the track and i liked how much more they hooked up than the stock copperheads. what i didnt like is that i had much less ground clearance/suspension travel and i had zero control in the air with the lightweight tiny tires. seriously if i didnt launch it perfect off the takeoff there was nothing i could do about even on 6s. i would like to buy a set of the 5.67 inch xcons (preferably 0 offse) or a set of the (larger) posse tires. problem is i cant find them anywhere for sale for any sort of reasonable price without paying $20 for shipping on top if it. since those tires seem like they are so hard to find are there any other larger buggy/truggy tires that would have a diameter closer to the 6 inches of the stock tires? i read the threads that showed related to this but they all pretty much went nowhere fast.
thanks
I run on hard pack too. Everything my brother and I own (20 plus rigs) all get run on hard pack.
I love all varieties of backflips, but they're like ice on hard pack.
We use anything we can find with mini pin type treads..x cons, posse, TRX response pro, Hobao hyper truggy tires..
For a taller tire, I recommend the TRX response pro, they're 5.75" tall, the tallest tire that I've come up with that has a good tread pattern for hard pack.
6s is brutal on tires though.. I have tried to convince my brother to run 4s, but he's stocked up on TRX and Spectrum 3s batteries so.. can't blame him honestly. I know those batteries are overpriced, but he's "vested"..
Meanwhile, I do my best trying to resist and run against him with 4s just to preserve my tires.. I do give in from time to time and end up running 6s..but always regret it afterwards when I see the sidewalls of my tires getting shredded. Try these..
https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/5375R
I'm curious about the "new" 4.0 racing tires from Proline, AKA and Jconcepts. Guess they've pretty much all switched from 3.8" wheel to 4.0".
Not sure how well a shorter sidewall will hold up to 6s craziness.
I see backordered, not discontinued? I hope you're wrong this time bud🤞
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/x-cons-1-8-mounted-1-2-offset-c2-truggy-tires-2/DTXC3662.html

Last edited:
I'm still finding them, but that sucks. Thanks again HH for discontinuing the good stuff, as usual..

I run on hard pack too. Everything my brother and I own (20 plus rigs) all get run on hard pack.
I love all varieties of backflips, but they're like ice on hard pack.
We use anything we can find with mini pin type treads..x cons, posse, TRX response pro, Hobao hyper truggy tires..
For a taller tire, I recommend the TRX response pro, they're 5.75" tall, the tallest tire that I've come up with that has a good tread pattern for hard pack.
6s is brutal on tires though.. I have tried to convince my brother to run 4s, but he's stocked up on TRX and Spectrum 3s batteries so.. can't blame him honestly. I know those batteries are overpriced, but he's "vested"..
Meanwhile, I do my best trying to resist and run against him with 4s just to preserve my tires.. I do give in from time to time and end up running 6s..but always regret it afterwards when I see the sidewalls of my tires getting shredded. Try these..
https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/5375R
I'm curious about the "new" 4.0 racing tires from Proline, AKA and Jconcepts. Guess they've pretty much all switched from 3.8" wheel to 4.0".
Not sure how well a shorter sidewall will hold up to 6s craziness.

I see backordered, not discontinued? I hope you're wrong this time bud🤞
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/x-cons-1-8-mounted-1-2-offset-c2-truggy-tires-2/DTXC3662.html
That's the 1/2" offset though.

That's the 1/2" offset though.
Yes, I see that. Would they really discontinue zero offset and keep making 1/2? Yeah, probably, losers. LOL
I know truggies are not popular(?), and as usual, I'm of a minority interest,LOL..
FWIW, the 1/2" offset tires and wheels aren't the best choice for a wide rig such as a kraton, talion, ect..seems to take away from the handling IMO.
The TRX response pro is available unmounted, but being 3.8" bead, zero offset 3.8" wheels seem to be disappearing slowly.

Last edited:
No one runs 1/2" off set on track. Guys buying are using these in Zero's. These are both discontinued. Just that the 1/2' OfSt being unpopular, has plenty of dead stock left.
Been buying thes X-con Trugs for years now.
I have both offsets. Stay away from 1/2". The rig will be too wide and looser.
Look for AKA's.

No one runs 1/2" off set on track. Guys buying are using these in Zero's. These are both discontinued. Just that the 1/2' OfSt being unpopular, has plenty of dead stock left.
Been buying thes X-con Trugs for years now.
I have both offsets. Stay away from 1/2". The rig will be too wide and looser.
Look for AKA's.
It's a shame the x cons are going away.. those and the TRX response pro work well for me. Price is right too.
The offerings from AKA, Jconcepts and Proline are too short of a pin for my liking. They're aimed at a clean prepped surface. Similar to the DTX posse,only more expensive.
Guess I'm gonna have to spend more time on track maintenance. Thanks HH😕

It's a shame the x cons are going away.. those and the TRX response pro work well for me. Price is right too.
The offerings from AKA, Jconcepts and Proline are too short of a pin for my liking. They're aimed at a clean prepped surface. Similar to the DTX posse,only more expensive.
Guess I'm gonna have to spend more time on track maintenance. Thanks HH😕
E74EC0E9-BEA9-4DE7-A482-4C713EC84956.jpeg

On the left is a AKA gridiron and right is a
AKA ibeam

When my track ( in the township park )
is very very un prepped this tire works well for me almost twice the pin length

View attachment 252165
On the left is a AKA gridiron and right is a
AKA ibeam

When my track ( in the township park )
is very very un prepped this tire works well for me almost twice the pin length
Thanks for the info, sorry for whining. I need to get over it already, I know. 😉
I'm gonna stick to 4s, and working on setup to beat my brother on 6s. It's a small track where 6s gets us into more trouble than anything else.

Guess I'm out of touch..3.8" zero offset is history..sorry. should have known since low pro has been all the rage in 1:1 for years.🤑🤢🤮
Awe man, is anyone still making 3.8 tires? I have a set of DE Racing Speedline 3.8 wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back