large scale roller ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avant garde RC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am going to buy a large scale roller. looking for recommendations for the electronics.
I'm not looking to put the biggest motor I can possibly fit in there or anything like that I just want the truck to be well-equipped.
thanks for anybody's input have a great day

Large scale is relative. And it's application has a lot of impact on the electronics

So you mean a 1/5 scale kraton? or more like a 1/7 mojave/infraction/limitless/felony ?
yes I mean the 1/5 scale. thanks so much for your response

Many people go the route of 56112 whether it be hobby star, hobby wing or some other brand. For esc some go max 5 or xlx2. You can also get a hobby wing or castle combo. Not sure about 1/5 servos tbh. Hopefully some other will chime in

If you want reliability and do what a Kraton does best:
Hobbywing Combo MAX5 56113SL/800KV

If you want more expensive absurd power and actually do stuff that's not typical Kraton use:
Castle Creations combo XLX2 2028 800KV or 1100KV

If you are in doubt, get a XLX2 and cheaper motor(like a Rocket 56112 780KV) which you can upgrade later if you need more.

If your are on a budget still get at least the max5 or the castle MMX8S. I would not consider any other esc's.

I am going to buy a large scale roller. looking for recommendations for the electronics.
I'm not looking to put the biggest motor I can possibly fit in there or anything like that I just want the truck to be well-equipped.
thanks for anybody's input have a great day

I had the "set up" that everyone is using now 15 months ago and I'd still recommend it. I went 12s 14 months ago and it still runs like a raped ape. I've twisted up the CVD's and I'm in desperate need on new ones but that comes with the power it lays out.. Go BIG or cry..:cool:(y)đź’Ş

7.jpg

I really appreciate everybody's input. this form itself is almost convinced me to buy. I'm super excited

okay everybody thanks for all your input I have decided I am going to buy a 1/5 Creighton EXb with the
Castle Creations Mamba XLX 2 1/5 & 800Kv

so now the decision is for a controller, batteries and charger. almost forgot the servo. loving this forum thanks everybody

Last edited:
okay everybody thanks for all your input I have decided I am going to buy a 1/5 Creighton EXb with the
Castle Creations Mamba XLX 2 1/5 & 800Kv

so now the decision is for a controller, batteries and charger. almost forgot the servo. loving this forum thanks everybody
Well neither tha Krarton nor the Outcast are real 1/5 scale. They are more like 1/6. I know they are sold like they would be but its the same with the xmaxx. Might be better then to go with an FG or something. But hey if you are happy with what you choose then go for it. But it togheter and ripp it :D.

For largescale servo I would go with a Savöx. I dot know if JX has one. I use my FlySky Noble on many cars. Not to expensive but very good handling and you
have 4-10 Channel receivers. Still waiting on thermal and speed readers but that can be done with other tools as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back