Larger diameter shock shaft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadBlaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
My Nero has been a fun journey. Ive tossed some wicked things its way and in turn Ive had to wrench. I like to upgrade when things break.

Shock shafts have gone out on me twice now.

Would increasing the shock shaft diameter have a negitive impact on shock performance due to having less internal volume for the shock oil?

Normally it is not necessary to enlarge the shafts. Do you had moved the "upper" end of the shafts more into the middle?
If you take al closer look to you're suspension and the rocker arms, you will see that this design is responsible that the ends of the shock rods will break. The suspension has no fix low point, so in case that the Wheel moves completely downwards the arm will bend the end of the shock till its break..
A better mod will be to change the arms like them from Greg (GKA) and / or change the spring cups on the rod end of the shocks. Check the forum for Hobao cups. Btw. it will be difficult just changing the shock shaft diameter because you have to change the design of the shock body also.
For more spring force, you can change them to stronger ones, but in my case the reachable force is high enough.

Thanks for your input lonee.

Spings, mounting hole, and the Arrma HD rod ends were changed after the first breakage.

With the suspension having no fixed low point, is it causing a collision of the shock shaft with another piece, or a bending force on the shaft? If it is hitting something else, Ill dive right in for some Hobao cups and some GKA arms seeing how it has helped many others.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back