Talion Larger rear wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mostin

Reaction score
Has anyone tried running larger rear wheels on a talion or smaller fronts on a kraton? E.g. take the fronts off a talion and swap them with the fronts from a kraton. This would mess with the diff values a bit. Effectively giving you potentially more push from the rear vs a faster turning smaller front wheel. This is on my talion 6s running 6s 100c batts. I have so much power that all wheels are spinning on all surfaces anyway. So its more a matter of grip over what power is being sent to front and rear. Any thoughts on this. ? Rear tires are 150mm backflips. Fronts are standard 105mm talion katar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 36
That was my first thought. But 6s and 100c I have all four wheels spinning out on any surface. If they are all spinning then the message to the diff is no matter. If I had full traction all wheels then yes I would say trouble. I’ve ran about 3 runs so far without trouble. This is the battery setup. A bit of squeeze with the hard backs but they go in tight.
Here’s what she looks like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    678.6 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
How does it handle? Running stock center diff fluid? I have Katars on my K6s but I have a spare pair of Minokawas, might just give it a try for sh**s and giggles :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back