Kraton Last hop-up needed - Center brace for Kraton 6s - Where is it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddogMikeD

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
I have a hop-up for just about the whole ride from various sources, except the center brace (I don't consider the T-Bone Racing one a good one). I see GPM has one for the Notorious and Outcast and nobody else has one... Not Hot Racing, Integy, JBIRC, M2C... Nobody... Anybody find one by chance?

I have a hop-up for just about the whole ride from various sources, except the center brace (I don't consider the T-Bone Racing one a good one). I see GPM has one for the Notorious and Outcast and nobody else has one... Not Hot Racing, Integy, JBIRC, M2C... Nobody... Anybody find one by chance?
You can’t find it because it’s a bad idea. Buy a good chassis, chassis braces, and towers and you won’t need the T2T brace.

Even the biggest YT bashers (Rich Duperbash for one) keep them in, or have put them in add hock if they had early models that didn't.
Maybe in the past this was true, but in his final 2019 video you can see @Rich Duperbash no longer runs them. See :21 into the video below his K6S

10CF9369-7D30-4BFC-9272-10B2E3F62A46.png

They put them there but if you look they just zip tie them there.
Right, as they just butchered one in, so it was needed then, even after a M2C chassis. Was Jay hoping to complete the look.... thanks for the info.

Attachments

• 20200210_001811.jpg
    20200210_001811.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 147
Yeah he learned it was bending the ends of his chassis because of it.
That blue one isn't a jumper. All that aluminum is a bad thing... they would zip tie it in there so it had a lot of play but if it went to far the zip ties would break to save the chassis. Then everyone just started to not run them. A 7075 chassis has a lot of spring in it . You can run one if you want it's your rig not mine or anyone else's but as far as a upgrade there are not any. Some have used a carbon fiber tube. Good luck in your search ?

Last edited:
Ordered the ones from M2C for his chassis, and they aren't that long and thin walled where the hex is to tighten, so I may have to go back to normal set screws....
Even normal ones are not going to be long enough to keep her that low what kinda mph are you looking for?

Even normal ones are not going to be long enough to keep her that low what kinda mph are you looking for?
No real speed specific... just want to see where I'm at with the 50T and 16T as a bash setup... then 34T locker with a 29T... just for shits and giggles...

Bash setup will net you around 65mph the locker setup will get you a new esc and motor.. be careful not to burn the car down on that one. Keep a abcd extinguisher on hand lol if anything run that spool on some hoons that should help a little. Keep us posted

Bash setup will net you around 65mph the locker setup will get you a new esc and motor.. be careful not to burn the car down on that one. Keep a abcd extinguisher on hand lol if anything run that spool on some hoons that should help a little. Keep us posted
I saw a vid of a guy with s 29T locker, but not sure of pinion, on Kraton 6s w- factory electronics.... 96mph... no issues.
Agreed with a good setup you don't need the t2t brace. It only causes problems.
I do have a bow in mine already... after 3 months, almost... lol

Last edited:
I saw a vid of a guy with s 29T locker, but not sure of pinion, on Kraton 6s w- factory electronics.... 96mph... no issues.

I do have a bow in mine already... after 3 months, almost... lol
Yeah I can promise you he was running smaller tires. . You may be able to bend it back lol
Are you from Michigan?

Right, as they just butchered one in, so it was needed then, even after a M2C chassis. Was Jay hoping to complete the look.... thanks for the info.
Although it isn't pretty, this zip ties setup is working well for me. It doesn't touch the towers on either end, and is currently zip tied with thicker 120 lb. Ones. The tube is fiberglass, so it has a bit of give, but if I go to hard, the zip ties break and do no other damage.
20190719_115642.jpg

Yeah I can promise you he was running smaller tires. . You may be able to bend it back lol
Are you from Michigan?
Yes sir... I saw you are in the glove too. I live between Detroit and Flint... You?
It's just a little flex, so I look at it as a "flex fit" item now.... ? Probably just remove the brace if this does become just a street runner.
And I do have smaller tires... ?

Attachments

• 20200103_182145.jpg
    20200103_182145.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 48
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back