Outcast Latest breakage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reubydoobe

Reuby Doobe
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Any suggestions on how to fix it down. One side is completely broke but the other still has most of the retaining clip. Could i stick it down with heavy duty Velcro tabs? Its the ESC by the way must of broke during a bash.

20170512_173647.jpg

If it were me I think I would try sticking it to a piece of Kydex and cutting it to the shape of the bottom and drill hold down holes for it. I have a piece of 1/8 inch stuff that is extremely strong.

Attachments

• 20170512_211118.jpg
    20170512_211118.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 60
Any suggestions on how to fix it down. One side is completely broke but the other still has most of the retaining clip. Could i stick it down with heavy duty Velcro tabs? Its the ESC by the way must of broke during a bash.

View attachment 10124
GORILLA brand mounting tape is extremely strong so long as you have good clean surface contact. It's one time use, meaning if you pry it up even once, you need to replace it with fresh stuff. Clean parts with alcohol, cut strips to fit after pressing onto ESC bottom, remove the tape backing, and then press and rock into place. Usually need a smaller flathead screwdriver to remove when necessary. Been using it since it first came out. Sells at hardware stores and Walmart.

I have never used Shoe Goo for something like this, but I think it's a great idea.

You know the whole radio tray w battery box etc is around 20 or so on Ebay.
I believe it's the ESC and not the radio box that is broken since it is connected to a switch and is on the servo side of the vehicle.

I have the MMX ESC with velcro covering the bottom holding it in, no problems at all, not even when it was going into thermal protection. Easy to remove the ESC when necessary.

Oh I see, man you may have to get your machining skills polished for this one.

Who know a aluminum plate, jb weld it and done. With a simple dremmel, patience you can make a plate then drill some holes and forget about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back