Latest Mojave Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe8501

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
@aametzger Hope ypu lile Tony!
My first airbrush job. Mixed a dark metallic charcoal and dark metallic copper (looks burnt orange in pics) per Tony's request. Painted in the RR and Mojave, not decals. Please visit my YouTube channel. And constructive criticism is appreciated.

20200925_143619.jpg

20200925_143626.jpg

20200925_143633.jpg

20200925_143641.jpg

20200925_143649.jpg

20200925_143700.jpg

20200926_111633.jpg

Can’t wait for our next body! The man got skills. Been telling y’all! Haha

@aametzger Hope ypu lile Tony!
My first airbrush job. Mixed a dark metallic charcoal and dark metallic copper (looks burnt orange in pics) per Tony's request. Painted in the RR and Mojave, not decals. Please visit my YouTube channel. And constructive criticism is appreciated.

View attachment 101761

View attachment 101762

View attachment 101763

View attachment 101764

View attachment 101765

View attachment 101766

View attachment 101767
Constructive criticism? You’d have to be the worlds largest a$$hole to say a single negative thing about this work of art. ??

Amazing work. Color scheme is dead perfect. Using paint masks for logos is top notch. Crisp lines. Metallic paint didn’t swirl or pool. Absolutely gorgeous ?

@Gabe8501 you already know how I feel about this, Im SUPER happy with how it turned out.. Top notch! I can't wait to get this on my Mojave. The only downside is i'm going to a little leary to bash it cuz it looks so nice :)

To anyone on the fence about getting a body painted by Gabe, I can say he is an absolute class act to deal with. We interacted a ton while working out the design on this and he was always patient with me, even when I was all over the place with my ideas at times. He test painted different color combos so I could see them and nailed this color match first try (this combo was based on the combo I put on my 19 Ram)

Thanks again Gabe - I am looking forward to the Outcast 8s body next :)

Can’t wait for our next body! The man got skills. Been telling y’all! Haha
Let's do this!!! Thanks bud!
That‘s the best looking Mojave body I’ve ever seen! Absolutely love it???????
Thank you sir! I'm still working on my craft, let me know if I can do any work for you bud
Constructive criticism? You’d have to be the worlds largest a$$hole to say a single negative thing about this work of art. ??

Amazing work. Color scheme is dead perfect. Using paint masks for logos is top notch. Crisp lines. Metallic paint didn’t swirl or pool. Absolutely gorgeous ?
Thank bud! Hey I can knit pick lol. I told Tony I give myself 8.5/10 on this. He and I had a lot of communication on the scheme and color shades. Yeah bro... painting the logos in there may be my new go to move lol
Fan freakin' tastick! Great color combo, and flawlessly executed. Jealousy is rearing its ugly head again. Color me envious. :love:
Thanks man!

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful work... I'd be afraid to bash anything that pretty on my truck!
yea thats where im at with it too. lol Probably try to take it easy for the first few runs until the newness wears off. Maybe I will just run it on grass for a little bit :)
The next thing I need to figure out is what to do about the plastic roof rails and roll cage. The best stock option is the gunmetal, but i'm not thinking that will look that great. I am thinking of using the fabric dye technique and dying all the plastic black. I would think the gunmetal would be the easiest to dye black, but it looks like Amain has the green roll cage and rails 50% off right now. Has anyone used fabric dye to dye anything fluorescent green to black?

Last edited:
yea thats where im at with it too. lol Probably try to take it easy for the first few runs until the newness wears off. Maybe I will just run it on grass for a little bit :)
The next thing I need to figure out is what to do about the plastic roof rails and roll cage. The best stock option is the gunmetal, but i'm not thinking that will look that great. I am thinking of using the fabric dye technique and dying all the plastic black. I would think the gunmetal would be the easiest to dye black, but it looks like Amain has the green roll cage and rails 50% off right now. Has anyone used fabric dye to dye anything fluorescent green to black?
Let's paint a bashing body lol

Let's paint a bashing body lol
I know you are going to cringe when you watch one of my vids where I crash on the body. Its inevitable.. I don't own any shelf queens, and don't plan to start. Please prepare yourself :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It was so hard not to bash these bodies. I’m no shelf king so of course I couldn’t help myself just looking at it. After bashing they still look good. I will admit the latest body I got is still wrapped in plastic lol.
In case y’all forgot or for y’all newbies
Not done bashing the others so I will wait for this one;-).
9D5B8205-8E22-4D8C-9234-838BC080F999.jpeg

A6C4ED5C-EA72-438A-8E94-C9213269F856.jpeg

67F74939-61EC-4260-A03E-01CFDBF47A0F.jpeg

128F4F77-8CE3-4392-BC6E-F88CC7D468B3.jpeg

E3ED212C-0DF0-4717-AEDE-F0B8FC1F55EA.jpeg

F6E897CE-D36F-480E-BEB6-C68F79EF97D5.jpeg

53A08DB1-7144-41C1-AE04-4B84ECF4A28D.jpeg

2B076A2B-7894-479B-B6C9-FA6FB947B510.jpeg

A9532AA1-15F1-4ED4-AA95-23FA5085BA82.jpeg

8748E001-A42A-4BCF-AF6E-30FCABBA7413.jpeg

I know you are going to cringe when you watch one of my vids where I crash on the body. Its inevitable.. I don't own any shelf queens, and don't plan to start. Please prepare yourself :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That’s why we do it;-). Keeps him busy too haha

WOW what a great color choice looks beautiful. That black and silver body you did for MFM looks killer. Great work my friend. I really hope to have you paint one up for me some day soon. Thanks for sharing and keep the killer paint jobs coming.

WOW what a great color choice looks beautiful. That black and silver body you did for MFM looks killer. Great work my friend. I really hope to have you paint one up for me some day soon. Thanks for sharing and keep the killer paint jobs coming.
Thank you sir! Let's get a project going ?

Super good job!!! Curious, you said this was the first airbrush job. Can you post up a link to your kit? I dropped probably $75 on Tamiya paint for one SC body and I’m rethinking spray cans....thanks for sharing your project!!!???

Thanks bud!
I just went with an inexpensive kit to try it out. I may grab an Iwata Eclipse... but heres what I got. And I used ProLine paints

Screenshot_20200927-162231_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back