Layshaft gear shredded idler gear!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rummy12

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My 2 month granite blx has a metal layshaft gear and a plastic idler gear and the other night the metal layshaft gear shredded the idler gear. Extremely frustrating considering I've also had the granite bls for over a year which has a plastic layshaft gear and besides upkeep and routine maintenance I haven't replaced anything in the diff on that truck. Any recommendations as far as if I should go all metal or if I should just replace it with the stock idler gear?

My 2 month granite blx has a metal layshaft gear and a plastic idler gear and the other night the metal layshaft gear shredded the idler gear. Extremely frustrating considering I've also had the granite bls for over a year which has a plastic layshaft gear and besides upkeep and routine maintenance I haven't replaced anything in the diff on that truck. Any recommendations as far as if I should go all metal or if I should just replace it with the stock idler gear?

BLX = should be all metal gears and diff!
I do not know what they were thinking at Arrma when they upgraded the already insanely powerful BLX motor, and at the same time decided to swap the metal gears and diff for the composite version!:mad:

Bad Arrma! :(

Ha! I was shocked when I saw the metal layshaft gear on the plastic idler gear. There's no way those gears can hold up with the amount of power that thing has! I might contact hobby services to see if any of this is covered under warranty

Ha! I was shocked when I saw the metal layshaft gear on the plastic idler gear. There's no way those gears can hold up with the amount of power that thing has! I might contact hobby services to see if any of this is covered under warranty

I can image, and so was I when a only recently discovered this fact!

I bed you will get new gears, but save yourself the hassle and order the metal gears and diff straight away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back