LC Racing EMB-1 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotnitro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
First build indoor, usually they are in my garage but it's too cold and it's too expensive to run the heat in there right now.

Thanks @slick2500 for the recommendation. I wanted a mini something, this fits.

image1.jpeg

The mess so far...

image0.jpeg

For reference on its size.

IMG_1334.jpg

Gotta say this little thing is JUST like building an 1/8 buggy. They share the exact same parts but obviously smaller. Very intricate little car! Can't wait to have it going 80+ lol.. I would be further along, but you guessed it, waiting on more parts..

Boy, I'd need a magnifying glass to put that together. Need some vid of that thing clocking 80+!!
Some of the WL Toys guys have hit 120+ with the 144001 iirc.

My build thread over on RcTalk. I started with the brushed Tacon Valor MT. Avoid the brushed models like a hand grenade dipped in aids, they are completely different cars from the brushless and kit versions. Everything is plastic with fixed spur, fixed motor mount, plastic diff outdrives and 2 gear diffs.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/tacon-valor-lc-racing-emb-tgh.122610/page-2#post-1197657

Some of the WL Toys guys have hit 120+ with the 144001 iirc.

My build thread over on RcTalk. I started with the brushed Tacon Valor MT. Avoid the brushed models like a hand grenade dipped in aids, they are completely different cars from the brushless and kit versions. Everything is plastic with fixed spur, fixed motor mount, plastic diff outdrives and 2 gear diffs.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/tacon-valor-lc-racing-emb-tgh.122610/page-2#post-1197657

Crazy, this sounds kind of interesting. I'm amazed they don't just go careening out of control at some point, being so small.

Crazy, this sounds kind of interesting. I'm amazed they don't just go careening out of control at some point, being so small.
Yeah these things are so tiny idk how you even see it.

Got some more done, had some parts come in the mail.

I know the pic looks big but trust me, not for the easily frustrated. Imagine a quarter, that’s the size of the ring gear😂 Very tedious but fun build so far. Hot racing metal spur mod and hardened HD spring steel cups.

I’m not following the destructions in order either, no fun in that.
A96CDCF0-FF16-4520-AF37-9EC14B1B857D.jpeg

Got some more done, had some parts come in the mail.

I know the pic looks big but trust me, not for the easily frustrated. Imagine a quarter, that’s the size of the ring gear😂 Very tedious but fun build so far. Hot racing metal spur mod and hardened HD spring steel cups.

I’m not following the destructions in order either, no fun in that. View attachment 261743
Remove that aluminum crush tube and put another bearing on there, sorry forgot to tell you about that.

What?
I noticed that, nothing in the kit tho.. 😡🤷‍♂️ back to ordering..
I never understood why they have the provision for a second bearing but only give you that aluminum tube instead of another bearing or at the very least a damn oil-lite bushing.

Sorry, my internet went down as I was typing. lol.

My son has the WL Toys 144001. Did almost 60 out of the box. After a few tweaks and 3s, it's over 80 MPH. I really, really want one. But, with these two left thumbs, it will be into the curb and a million pieces on the first run. He asked if I wanted to drive it. "I'm good. I'll watch you destroy it". Lol.

Very interested in this little bugger.

Sorry, my internet went down as I was typing. lol.

My son has the WL Toys 144001. Did almost 60 out of the box. After a few tweaks and 3s, it's over 80 MPH. I really, really want one. But, with these two left thumbs, it will be into the curb and a million pieces on the first run. He asked if I wanted to drive it. "I'm good. I'll watch you destroy it". Lol.

Very interested in this little bugger.
The 144001 is a clone of the LC Racing EMB.

Grrr....I need this like another hole in my head. Lol. Really like the look of the truggy. Have all winter to build one and kick his butt in the spring. Hmm...I'm off to find a second job!

Couple more screws in. Shocks are still dry for now. Wanted to get it mocked up. All red is aluminum and most of it came in the kit. Only options in this pic currently are the aluminum carriers and the CF tower. This comes with TiNi shafts and Alu hexes in the box.

0B269B97-32B3-48E1-BCD4-10A47775AE83.jpeg

The shock tower looks like it is on backwards, it should angle to the back not the front. Oh wait a minute that's the carbon fiber one isn't it? Never mind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back