Learning 3d in Tinkercad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Mojave
  4. Typhon 6s
OK, finally spent an hour seeing how things work. The tools are simple, the procedures are simple, apparently I am simple too! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
With a little time I will be able to do things right. I wish it had a little more control over editing shapes but hey I'm learning something new.

Here is my first (embarrassing) attempt. Don't be too harsh, I tried to make a basic B-24 Liberator from memory with no reference materials. I'm afraid to go look at a photo now. ?

Haven't figured out how to blend shapes or if it's even possible. I know the canopy is wrong but couldn't figure out how to taper an object.

B-24.png

There are a lot of missing features in TC that you can find in Fusion 3D. The best way to make things in TC are to combine small parts to make the shape type you want. Or in other cases you subtract from a block to get what you want.

None yet, I figured I should see if I can create files worth using first.
I recently purchased the Ender-5 Pro. I love it.
@Camaroboy383, set me up with is Felony parts to make it look closer to the Camero SS. Since my bed is only 220x220 we had to figure out how to cut the single STL file up. We did it by placing it in the bed in the Z location to print only the ends. I cut the center part using Slic3r.

I just finished printing them and they are glued and ready for sand and primer. Below are a couple of pics.

Printed vertical, yes it worked. Slow and steady.

1605320201064.png

Centerpiece ready to glue to sides. (sorry about the poor quality pic)
1605320323937.png

End part (one side)

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 6.22.44 PM.png

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/68-ss-tail-pan-under-construction-?.27430/

Last edited:
Looking good my friend.. cant wait to see it all put together..?

There are a lot of missing features in TC that you can find in Fusion 3D. The best way to make things in TC are to combine small parts to make the shape type you want. Or in other cases you subtract from a block to get what you want.
Fusion 3D looks good, I will have to check it out. (y)

@Mr.Vylan Lookin good! I will check out the Enders, Like anything else, I will probably try to get the most bang for the buck, that I can afford. I might be crazy, I have way too many hobbies and not enough time for any of them. The good news is 3D printing is useful to several of them. :giggle:

OK, been playing around again this week, so I thought I would try my hand at some space fighters. (Still a work in progress) Think I'm getting the hang of it, I'm gonna have to try Fusion soon, Tinkercad has it's limits but is kind of fun once you start figuring it out.

Opera Snapshot_2020-12-02_105942_www.tinkercad.com.png

Wow impressive work!!!
You have some serious CAD skills and visual space understanding. I never could get the hang of Tinker CAD after using Fusion 360.
Fusion can do so much more with easy to use precision. Get the free edition and start playing with it.
Go through a few tutorials from Larz on YouTube.

I opened up fusion and was completely lost, I will definitely have to watch some tutorials. Need to learn the menus and what does what. I need more control than what TinkerCad has. My only experience, is with graphics programs like Photoshop and CorelDraw. Cad and 3D is totally new to me but we will see if this old dog can learn some new tricks. Thanks for the link by the way :)

Wow impressive work!!!
You have some serious CAD skills and visual space understanding. I never could get the hang of Tinker CAD after using Fusion 360.
Fusion can do so much more with easy to use precision. Get the free edition and start playing with it.
Go through a few tutorials from Larz on YouTube.

Lars makes very good tutorial video's.. ?.. he works for fusion so obviously knows the software very well.. his video's can be a cad newbies savior..?

Lars makes very good tutorial video's.. ?.. he works for fusion so obviously knows the software very well.. his video's can be a cad newbies savior..?
I really appreciate his way of teaching and advising of the shortcuts and tricks along the way. Learning by doing is really the best way (y)

I really appreciate his way of teaching and advising of the shortcuts and tricks along the way. Learning by doing is really the best way (y)

Agreed my friend.. couldn't have said it better...

Another cool thing about lars is once your good at cad, you can learn cam from him as well if it interests you.. its awsome to stay with one mentor, having to learn cam from someone else after you have a grasp on cad disturbs the workflow exceptionally.. lars is a one stop shop for fusion..?

I am a tinkercad user and I find this online cad program superb.
It allows you to create 3d models, other free software allows you to do this things are sketchup, fusion 360 or even FreeCAD.
From this article: https://www.xp-pen.com/forum-6119.html you will find a interesting presentation of cad software.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back