Granite Learning to Tailwhip **updated with new video and how to

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started building my Granite. Can't wait for the infinite backflips.
s
Life Fail GIF by MOODMAN

What the heck is going on there? Steering and throttle mid air? If I can just land any air and drive away I am fist pumping.
If you're impressed with the tailwhip, check out Stephane Z's channel. He does freaking corkscrews.

Four in a row! :oops:

Last edited:
Still need more practice for fully tweaked tailwhips, but I'm getting the hang of it.

How to tailwhip:
Thanks to Marek Zgrzywa for the inspiration and tips. His YouTube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCo-UHvYx5w_b4jC6_acJbQ

- After leaving the ramp, stay on the throttle enough to keep the nose up, but not enough to backflip
- While on the throttle, steer to one side completely
- With the steering completely turned, tap the brake LIGHTLY
- The RC will tilt downwards and turn in the direction you are steered
- Steer the opposite direction and apply the accelerator
- The RC will start to level out and turn back toward straight
- Release the accelerator once the RC is level and center the steering once it is straight

It all happens pretty quick, so you need enough air time. This video was at the end of 2 battery packs of practice. I had lots of crashes from over throttling/braking, doing things out of sequence and finding the right timing. I thought I broke a C-hub, but it was actually a steering knuckle.

Last edited:
hey man, thanks for posting my stuff
don't be fooled by the editings, i didn't land 4 tricks in a row lol!

if i can help, don't hesitate, i love when people land tricks ! it is a great feel !

honestly man, i just tried stuff lol! then i discovered that some of those weird tricks can be controled and landed at a decent rate. of course, the harder the trick is, the more attempt it needs ! just like skateboard
Yeah dude, but you are pretty damn good. You're being humble but some of the stunts you do with your rigs are just awesome. I've been watching your videos for about a year now and continue to be amazed. Keep bringing us some more good stuff to watch. Very entertaining!

Anybody that hasn't seen Stephane's channel is really missing some good sh!t. Here is his newest video showing 15 different tricks with a Notorious. Check it out

Yeah dude, but you are pretty damn good. You're being humble but some of the stunts you do with your rigs are just awesome. I've been watching your videos for about a year now and continue to be amazed. Keep bringing us some more good stuff to watch. Very entertaining!

Anybody that hasn't seen Stephane's channel is really missing some good sh!t. Here is his newest video showing 15 different tricks with a Notorious. Check it out

thanks for the kind words, i appreciate ! these days i' m more into building my RC cars so i don't drive a lot actually.
but i tried some different stuff :

I need to get myself a Granite… The Typhon has no rotational mass at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back