Lectron lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadson26

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. Talion
Has anybody used lectron lipos? If so are they good, or bad? I'm new to this. Its seems like there are bad reviews about every lipo out there. I'm thinking about purchasing a lectron 6s 6500 100c lipo. I don't have money for a maxamps or I would get that.

Has anybody used lectron lipos? If so are they good, or bad? I'm new to this. Its seems like there are bad reviews about every lipo out there. I'm thinking about purchasing a lectron 6s 6500 100c lipo. I don't have money for a maxamps or I would get that.

I see Lectrons in every hobby shop I go in to. They are the the Budweiser of the LiPos. There are better and there are worse. There is a huge thread called "What is your budget Lipo of choice." Lots if good info in there.

I see Lectrons in every hobby shop I go in to. They are the the Budweiser of the LiPos. There are better and there are worse. There is a huge thread called "What is your budget Lipo of choice." Lots if good info in there.
Ok. I'll have to check it out. What lipo do you recommend and why?

Ok. I'll have to check it out. What lipo do you recommend and why?

I don't have enough experience with different LiPo's to recommend one brand over another. I have a bunch of Lectrons because that is what my hobby shop sells and I have four Turnigy Graphenes that I bought on sale from Hobbyking. The Turnigy batteries definitely have more pop to them.

My lectron 3s is ok on my rustler, but On my typhon mannnnnn I have two3s venom 5000 50c on stock gearing to dumb fast. $120 @ shop but I got a good deal for 2
I thought about a 6s but if a cell goes out your day is over over. What you trying to spend tho

i use lectron... no problems at all and my trucks go fast enough to hit jumps and break stuff... lol

I personally haven't had great luck with them myself. I bought six of them at one time and within a year three of them have had a cell fail. On the other hand, I have two friends that have a total of 12 of them and they haven't had a single issue in the 3 or 4 years that they have had them and they bought more of them after mine failed and theirs are still going strong. Maybe it was a bad batch of batteries that mine came from but because of that, I personally won't use them again.

I don't have enough experience with different LiPo's to recommend one brand over another. I have a bunch of Lectrons because that is what my hobby shop sells and I have four Turnigy Graphenes that I bought on sale from Hobbyking. The Turnigy batteries definitely have more pop to them.
Ok. I went to that forum and SMC batteries was one of them. It's hard to find a good lipo. Even maxamps have more bad reviews like most RC lipos. Along with the graphene and all the other ones. Since you have graphene lipo, do you charge them with a lipo charger, and or they worth the extra money ?

Ok. I went to that forum and SMC batteries was one of them. It's hard to find a good lipo. Even maxamps have more bad reviews like most RC lipos. Along with the graphene and all the other ones. Since you have graphene lipo, do you charge them with a lipo charger, and or they worth the extra money ?

Yes. Same charger. And I got them on sale for $45 a battery. So no extra money.

SMC are good batteries. You can always find a negative review about anything if you look hard enough.

Yes. Same charger. And I got them on sale for $45 a battery. So no extra money.

SMC are good batteries. You can always find a negative review about anything if you look hard enough.
Ok. You're right. I've had personal experience with maxamps and they are great. Gained more mph surprisingly. I just can't afford 250 dollars for 1 lipo. Would you say lectrons or better or about the same as SMC? Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to the brushless RC's.

Ok. You're right. I've had personal experience with maxamps and they are great. Gained more mph surprisingly. I just can't afford 250 dollars for 1 lipo. Would you say lectrons or better or about the same as SMC? Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to the brushless RC's.

I've never used SMC so I'd be guessing. From what I've read though, I'd GUESS they are better quality than Lektron. I'm sure someone will chime in and verify.

I have a couple 3s, 4 2s, and 1 6s. The 2s have been through hell(hard cases) and have held great for almost 2 years. 3s ones got prob 3 charges and the 6s 5200 about 5 charges. I like them so far. I did just get a turnigy 6s 5000 hd that’s still new. Wow it’s huge compared to the lectron

Attachments

• 00D95B34-DC9C-4CB5-87F4-7BD488E4B3F8.jpeg
    00D95B34-DC9C-4CB5-87F4-7BD488E4B3F8.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 46
  • 12286BDA-3718-4747-BCC3-F4D1226DEB7B.jpeg
    12286BDA-3718-4747-BCC3-F4D1226DEB7B.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 1857C6FA-900A-4258-8DA0-67614DB7A6AC.jpeg
    1857C6FA-900A-4258-8DA0-67614DB7A6AC.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 47
I had one Lektron puff due to damage. Can't blame the battery. One of the turnigy graphene packs had a cell go real low right after I got it but I managed to save it and I've been running it ever since.

I have a couple 3s, 4 2s, and 1 6s. The 2s have been through hell(hard cases) and have held great for almost 2 years. 3s ones got prob 3 charges and the 6s 5200 about 5 charges. I like them so far. I did just get a turnigy 6s 5000 hd that’s still new. Wow it’s huge compared to the lectron
So you would recommend lectron? Since you have both. Which is a better lipo. Turnigy or lectron?

So you would recommend lectron? Since you have both. Which is a better lipo. Turnigy or lectron?
I haven’t Tried out the Turnigy one yet. I will tomorrow though and I will compare them one after another and get back to you on my thoughts

Ok. Let me know. I ordered the lectron pack 6s 6800 100c lipo. Fairly cheap.
I haven’t Tried out the Turnigy one yet. I will tomorrow though and I will compare them one after another and get back to you on my thoughts

If you have a lipo that's a 2c charge rate, can you charge it at 6 amps?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back