Lectron lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it would be fine to charge it at 6amps? Oh AMD thank you everyone for helping.

You take the mAh of the battery and divide by 1000 to get the 1C charge rate. I use 5000 mAh batteries so the chrage rate for 1C is 5 amps. I learned that here ?

Unless 6 amps is a limit on your charger, then why not charge at a higher rate? 6 amps (just under 1c) is only going to take you a lot longer
I've read that your batteries last longer if you charge at 1C. Not run time, useful life.

I have heard that but haven't seen the science behind it to know if it is a material saving.....If I lost the battery 2-3 charges sooner due to faster charging I'd probably accept that in return for faster charge times. If charging one or two batteries and I have the time to kill, them maybe but usually I don't

Ye
Unless 6 amps is a limit on your charger, then why not charge at a higher rate? 6 amps (just under 1c) is only going to take you a lot longer
[/QUOTE
Yeah, that's all I have. It took awhile to charge it last night. About 2 hours. UGH!! Lol

I bought 2 Lectron Pro 5200mah 6S's when I got my Kraton back in December. The only problem was, even though they were advertised as having XT90's, there weren't any connectors at all. I got a $10 refund to put my own on.
I've only put 5-6 cycles on them, but they perform well for me.

I'm guessing that you have a 50 watt charger and you set the amps to 6 but it probably actually charged it around 3 amps as you had hit your 50 watt maximum.
save up and buy a bigger charger would be my recommendation
Ok. I'll have to do that. This one works, but takes to Long. Will be getting another one soon

Ok. I'll have to do that. This one works, but takes to Long. Will be getting another one soon
Remember to charge a 5000mah 6s lipo at 1c you need at the very least a 150 watt charger if going with an AC charger (if using a DC charger you can get away with 126 watts if you run at least a 150 watt psu). 5000mah x 25.2v = 126,000 milliwatts or 126 watts and then we need to add in 20%, because every electronic device on the planet is about 80% efficient iirc even high end computer server power supplies at best are someplace around 90% efficient so you will always loose some of the power to heat, and that gives us 151.2 watts. Also this allows you some headroom so you are not running your charger at 100% all the time.

There are also websites that can calculate how much of a charger you will need based off of your demands.
https://www.progressiverc.com/chargingdemand

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back