Kraton LED light question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Invixibility

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211215-180356_eBay.jpg

Does anyone know if these would work on a Kraton 6s if I soldered a connector on? Link to the items listing. I know it's a bit of over kill but when I drive my RC truck from time to time it tends to be dark already and around where I live, night time is black. Like pitch black, no street not for at least like a mile or two away. So I need to add lighting to my Kraton 6s and I'm not sure what is best as I don't just want it for aesthetics I want it to function also. Any item suggestions are appreciated 👍

View attachment 186397

Does anyone know if these would work on a Kraton 6s if I soldered a connector on? Link to the items listing. I know it's a bit of over kill but when I drive my RC truck from time to time it tends to be dark already and around where I live, night time is black. Like pitch black, no street not for at least like a mile or two away. So I need to add lighting to my Kraton 6s and I'm not sure what is best as I don't just want it for aesthetics I want it to function also. Any item suggestions are appreciated 👍

Yes Sir...

Any light will work as long as you have the red/black wire. Cut it and solder to a JST connector and plug that into the ESC or if you have any other place on the rig to plugin.

https://www.amazon.com/eBoot-Connec...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I agree....added some led lights to my bumper for the same reason but a light bar is better (y)

Needs 12volt of power. So might have to run an auxiliary battery… I think that’s gonna be pretty heavy also…. That’s for 1:1 cars… you can pick up a set from eBay that would work amazing and not weight 2 lbs…. Just my opinion, take it how you will… 👍🏼

I also recommend a good headlamp for yourself…. I have one that will blind a bear a mile away….. it’s just stupid bright. Hahaha but wide angle I can see telephone pole to telephone pole in the street…. And that’s pretty close range…. In a field I can see hella far.

I think an important part of putting lights on an rig, is the "front to back" thing… knowing what direction you are heading in is always nice…. Also, with 2 light per side, you can tell depth/distance better…. With one light, like a light bar, you CAN NOT judge distance…. This is why it’s hard to tell how far a motorcycle is away at night or their speed coming at you… or a car with one headlight…. Same shite, different arse…..

Last edited:
84W :oops:?
I have these leds (3W) on one car:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/3293...9d5752c0-9&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"66145829596"}

and these leds (5W) on my other car:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000...18-2&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"10000009108831307"}

They provide quite a bit of light in front of the car just from receiver power. They are 8.4v capable but I haven't tried that. With both cars I cannot look directly into them (well you can but your eyes need quite a bit of time to re-adjust).

With 84W you probably light up the entire street:)

Jeremiah Tower Sunlight GIF by 1091

I am experimenting with 15W COB leds and those are already on the extreme side.

Examples of Sandracer should do fine. Keep it at 10W max and depending on the voltage hook it up to receiver (5-8.4v), mainlead (20-26v) or a separate battery.
If you consider a separate battery keep it small like <850Mha. If you crash/lose power you can still find it in the dark ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back