Granite Left over bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bemenaker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I just finished the Fast eddy bearing kit for my Granite BLX. I have two bearings I am not sure where they go. I didn't do the two in the diffs yet, since they are sealed and bathed in oil. I did not do the one inside the slipper yet, how important is that one, is it protected from dirt? But these last two I can't account for.

Diff bearing isn't Bathed in any oil as far as I know. It is contained within the diff housing and somewhat protected however.
BTW, the slipper clutch does get a bearing also.
You are not the first to initially think there are extra bearings.
Others may chime in with more practical exper.:cool:

Fast eddy kits were confusing to me on which one to get, too many options that sounded like the 3s line so I went with another vendor. The larger one may be for the center driveshaft support bearing for the Senton/big rock vehicles. I know you have the granite but some kits come with all for the 3s line. The smaller one may be for the slipper it’s hard to tell size from a picture, but I’d replace the slipper bearings for sure. It’s the only bearing I’ve had fail.

There are bearings inside the differentials that are indeed bathed in oil. But there are also bearings on the sides of the diff case. There would be alot more bearings left over if bemenaker didn't already replace those. Not sure which kit you got, and I think I agree with Rainger, the large bearing looks like it's the center driveshaft support bearing. The other one looks like it could be one missed from the diffs, input gear or wheel hubs. Measurements would help identify them. How wide are they in cm?

Last edited:
The slipper bearing is flanged, I didn't put it in the pic. The two internal diff bearings are also not in the pic. I know I got all the external diff bearings, and all the wheel bearings. That small one is smaller then outside wheel bearing. I was wondering if the big one was a drive shaft brace that the Granite doesn't have.

Definitely had a external diff bearing that was causing me steering grief. One was almost siezed. On the start of running, my truck would track straight but after a few minutes, it would start pulling left. That's why I replaced the bearings to start with. :)

Actually I just did the math. I calculate 26 bearings in my Granite (I have the center driveshaft), both the Fast Eddy and Jim's Bearings kits provide 27. I think I remember someone saying some 3s vehicles used the flanged bearing in the slipper while others do not. So possibly an extra is provided to cover both options. Maybe you have the center driveshaft and unflanged slipper bearing left over. Are they 10x15x4 and 15x21x5?

I just changed the slipper, and didn't even think to size it against the old flanged bearing before tossing it. LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back