Leopard 1480kv 4292 motor heat issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParkRacing

Reaction score
Leopard 1480kv 4292 motor heat issues running in my Kraton with 15/50 gearing and 6s power.
Anyone else have issues with this motor?
Or issues with a different big motor that should be fine?
20170805_153950.jpg

I don't own one but have been in the market for a larger motor for my Kraton and have considered leopard motors. All I can figure is the recommended voltage on that motor is <23Vdc and 6s full charged is 25.2 volts. This has been a deciding factor in my ventures of looking at buying motors as I want to run at least 6s preferably 8s. I have also ran into issues in the past of the ESC not being able to handle the motor I was using and this caused the motor to overheat. I am assuming the motor overheats because it is "single phasing" as the ESC/transistors are failing. Hope this helps shed some insight on your issue. I have one question for you. Is that a Max6 or Max8? If it's a Max8 the max can size listed on their website is a 4274 so that may be the issue.

I don't own one but have been in the market for a larger motor for my Kraton and have considered leopard motors. All I can figure is the recommended voltage on that motor is <23Vdc and 6s full charged is 25.2 volts. This has been a deciding factor in my ventures of looking at buying motors as I want to run at least 6s preferably 8s. I have also ran into issues in the past of the ESC not being able to handle the motor I was using and this caused the motor to overheat. I am assuming the motor overheats because it is "single phasing" as the ESC/transistors are failing. Hope this helps shed some insight on your issue. I have one question for you. Is that a Max6 or Max8? If it's a Max8 the max can size listed on their website is a 4274 so that may be the issue.
Yup, it is a max 6 less than a week old because i just fried the max 8. Didn't check the motor specks. Same heat issue with motor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back