Leopard 4082 in nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevyfreak06

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I was thinking about putting a leopard 4082 in nero do you think this will be better then stock. Do I go 1600kv or 2000

I might consider an 1800 kv. As you saw I put a 1450kv with Arrma BLX200 esc and was disappointed with the amount of loss of top end speed with 16t pinion. The stock motor was more favorable too me. I have some larger pinions to experiment so that could change. I have seen Castle 1800kv for $38 shipped from china, or $55-70 on eBay from U.S.

20170227_223510.jpg

I ordered a leopard 4082 2000kv, my stock motor went bad sick of waiting in warranty. Rcjuice.com 63bucks it's worth a try

The Leo 4082 2000kv is a beast. I ran one in my Kraton on 6s and now it's in my Senton. Only reason it's out of the Kraton is because I installed a 4092. Let us know how it works out in the Nero. I think it will be good on the 15t pinion but might run hot with the 17t.

You might be OK with a 17t as the Nero has somewhat of a transmission where the Kraton platform is more direct and puts a bit more load on the motor. I'd say anything above 160°F is getting a bit steamy. Since you already ordered it, have no fear and let it rip and report your results!

I ran a 17 in stock motot I plan to do the same on my 4082

I ended up switching my order to the leopard 4082 1600kv because I always run 6s and want to atleast run 17t pinion. Should run cooler.

I ran 17 all the time on 6s with stock esc and motor no problem.

I did run a 21 on the cen motor last night and that did not work. Truck would stutter and not start well unless easing into throttle. Truck would go much faster and still wheelie, but overheat. Adjusted punch at every level. Will be putting 17 in and living with performance Andy the my 17lb Nero with steel armor is not my speed king.

And that my 17 lb

I ran a 17 stock I should Be able to gear higher then that seeing that this motor is 1600kv. Mite also add a fan I want 60mph

If I put a fan on my new motor where do I tap into for power. I was thinking about a y connector for esc fan and motor then plug into esc port.

You might be able to gear up even more with the 1600kv. But if you're happy with the speed/torque with the 17t, you be good to go.
Any open receiver port will accommodate the motor fan.

Just waiting on a few parts and I'll report back how it runs.

Attachments

• 20170317_170825.jpg
    20170317_170825.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 70
I might consider an 1800 kv. As you saw I put a 1450kv with Arrma BLX200 esc and was disappointed with the amount of loss of top end speed with 16t pinion. The stock motor was more favorable too me. I have some larger pinions to experiment so that could change. I have seen Castle 1800kv for $38 shipped from china, or $55-70 on eBay from U.S.

The $38 Castle from China, isn't a Castle lol

Its a torque monster, broke two traxxas pins in 5min. Running 6s 6600 lipos and 17t pinion. Think its gotta be geared up or all this torque will break everything. No motor temps yet because it's cold out

Been running a castle 1515 2200kv on 6s with a 17t pinion off road 90% of the time. I have about 8 full packs through it now only problems are axle drive pins lol. I don't even worry about checking the temps anymore. I just run it and if a motor dies I replace it. In 8 years of running brushless setups I have killed exactly 2 motors from overheating and melting the rotor bonds. Once you have a good foundation understanding of how weight, gearing , voltage, current and terrain affect the temps and load on the motor you start getting a feel for when its time for a cool down for a few min. If you're pinning WOT off road on sand or grass for the duration of a pack, expect to damage a motor or esc at some point lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back