Kraton Leopard 4092 dialed in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
IMG_7026.JPG
Think I got the Leo just right. 18 tooth pinion, yeah racing duel cooling fans. No GPS run yet, but based on other GPS runs, I'm guessing 65mph and it gets there quick. After a full 5s pack, motor temp at 141, battery at 89, ESC at 122.

Sounds like you got an awesome setup!I haven't tried taking a speed reading on mine,it never see's pavement .I wonder how fast yours would be on 6s?

Sounds like you got an awesome setup!I haven't tried taking a speed reading on mine,it never see's pavement .I wonder how fast yours would be on 6s?
Gonna run 6s soon. I am so impressed with this Leo, I think I'll be swapping them in all my trucks.

Gonna run 6s soon. I am so impressed with this Leo, I think I'll be swapping them in all my trucks.
I tried the 4082 /2000kv motor first and had overheating problems and not so impressive performance over stock,i think Vanning said something similar about his Leo 4092/1730kv motor experience?So while the motors we have now in our Kratons perform, i wonder how consistent they are from motor to motor?

. Mine got toasty fast on 6S but it was a beast. depending on tires used. But it was very hot outside. It may have been fine with a solid heatsink and fan Some think I got a bad motor. It's possible.

Hey K.... I'm very excited to tell you, I'm swapping motors like casset tapes now !!! Just finished installing the mount. Oh yes, rock solid it turned out. I got a few more motor plates on the way from HR. One for each motor !!!!! I really wish you could check out the work before and after. You would appreciate it.

Good to hear your news OF. Sounds very nice and looks clean. Love the fans.

View attachment 6184 Think I got the Leo just right. 18 tooth pinion, yeah racing duel cooling fans. No GPS run yet, but based on other GPS runs, I'm guessing 65mph and it gets there quick. After a full 5s pack, motor temp at 141, battery at 89, ESC at 122.
Damn that's running well..... great temps.

. Mine got toasty fast on 6S but it was a beast. depending on tires used. But it was very hot outside. It may have been fine with a solid heatsink and fan Some think I got a bad motor. It's possible.

Hey K.... I'm very excited to tell you, I'm swapping motors like casset tapes now !!! Just finished installing the mount. Oh yes, rock solid it turned out. I got a few more motor plates on the way from HR. One for each motor !!!!! I really wish you could check out the work before and after. You would appreciate it.

Good to hear your news OF. Sounds very nice and looks clean. Love the fans.

Damn that's running well..... great temps.
I saw the picture you took after facing the motor plate,looked very professional!Glad it all worked out,now if HR just made them that way from the start.

Tomorrow.... hopefully I'll get to try all my labor out also. Hoping to get 40min run time, 60mph and good temps on 6S.

I saw the picture you took after facing the motor plate,looked very professional!Glad it all worked out,now if HR just made them that way from the start.
You ain't kidding K. However... I know you can appreciate a challenge. I'm thankful to have a few tools lying around. I had to keep everything real accurate.

It would be nice to try everyone else's Kraton's out. To really appreciate them.

Last edited:
Gonna do a speed run tomorrow on 6s. Put some fresh new sealed bearings, lowered the Kraton, retapped the tires and tightened everything. Looking for 65 to 70mph.

Ran 72mph with 22 pinion on 6s. 59 with 18 tooth. I'm gonna put the 18 back on for bashing. While bashing with the 18, the fastest GPS speed was 48 mph . Acceleration with the 18 is awesome.

That's a good speed for bashing in my opinion...it's fun and more than enough speed. What sort of run time on average can you get Ole Fart ? You should be getting a very nice run time with your setup. Way more than what a stock motor would get on 6S.

That's a good speed for bashing in my opinion...it's fun and more than enough speed. What sort of run time on average can you get Ole Fart ? You should be getting a very nice run time with your setup. Way more than what a stock motor would get on 6S.
I haven't bashed it much on 6s, but on a 6200mah 5s I can run about an hour . That's one thing I love about the Leopard motor, and the much cooler temperatures. Strange thing is, with the 22 pinion, the 5s runs 66mph.

Any speed is possible with different combos and gearing. It's just keeping cool for longer run times. For bashing, I like the larger tires. I gear for 50 mph and I have a gears handy for less or more. I get past 1/2 hour run times easily but less in the cold weather it seems. Packs are all around 5000 mah.

Thinking about getting a 46 tooth spur and a 24 pinion. I'm not a gearing guru, so my question is, would this combination work well with my Leo? Better top speed? Better low end?

IMG_0596.PNG
Thinking about getting a 46 tooth spur and a 24 pinion. I'm not a gearing guru, so my question is, would this combination work well with my Leo? Better top speed? Better low end?

here is something I posted a while ago. Never mind the rest. At 20/50 my Kraton does low 50's. Next gear, high 50's on 6S.

What speed do you want to run at ? I'm not into speed runs, so over 60mph with a Kraton, I don't really bother. I don't have any tires that will take that for too long.

The gears you are looking at... 24/46 is probably insanely faster than what is there. I didn't do all the math but I can see where it would fall. It would probably take a long stretch to get up to top speed.

Last edited:
Any speed is possible with different combos and gearing. It's just keeping cool for longer run times. For bashing, I like the larger tires. I gear for 50 mph and I have a gears handy for less or more. I get past 1/2 hour run times easily but less in the cold weather it seems. Packs are all around 5000 mah.
will the stock v2 kraton esc handle the power from the leopard 4092 1730kv?

will the stock v2 kraton esc handle the power from the leopard 4092 1730kv?

That motor draws less current than the stock motor and will spin at a slower rpm. It will be better for longer run times, less heat and plenty of torque and speed. You just have to gear it up a little to get your desired speed yet stay in a good heat range. . The longer internal moving parts makes more torque. Plus you will be running it with 6 volts more than likely. The ESC hates current but loves voltage, as long as it's not more than 6S.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back