Talion Leopard 4092?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtim29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
Has anyone tried the leopard 4092 1730kv motor? How does it compare to the hobby star ? It’s lighter So I’m leaning towards the leopard.

Leopard 4092 1730kv 25/50 pinion/spur in my senton.

A405E7D2-761F-4E18-A75B-0364DC932D67.jpeg
93E30A98-1D7B-42FD-B800-8C6EDDDDF464.jpeg
D1459716-EF60-43E6-8409-059149381958.jpeg

I’ve got that in my Kraton. It’s a good motor. It gets hot like the rest of them. Just watch your gearing and add fans. You don’t necessarily HAVE to tap the mounting holes from M3 to M4 but you SHOULD. Mind you be careful doing so. The M4 tap I used snapped because I didn’t back it out to clear debris. So now one of the four holes has a tap broken off
I am dropping to a 17T from a 19T due to Phoenix heat but I don’t think any amount of gearing will keep that motor cool in this weather.
I don’t think either choice is a wrong one, I’d purchase which ever was available.

hobby star 1730kv 4092 motors come pretapped with m4 holes. They also have heat sink find which can be a good thing or a bad thing. The leopard has no heat sink fins, so when you put a hestsink and fan combo, its going to work better because its getting a better seal on the motor. ??

What motors does everyone use on their talion? A lot of us have been asking what’s the best lightweight motor for the talion. My problem is I don’t have a soldering iron and all so I can’t get tp 4050 motors. Like what would be the best drop in motor that’s not super heavy with a max 6 esc?

What motors does everyone use on their talion? A lot of us have been asking what’s the best lightweight motor for the talion. My problem is I don’t have a soldering iron and all so I can’t get tp 4050 motors. Like what would be the best drop in motor that’s not super heavy with a max 6 esc?
Do you have a lhs?

hobby star 1730kv 4092 motors come pretapped with m4 holes. They also have heat sink find which can be a good thing or a bad thing. The leopard has no heat sink fins, so when you put a hestsink and fan combo, its going to work better because its getting a better seal on the motor. ??

M4 for sure, if the fan mount fits well the greater surface area will cool faster and be more effective.

That motor would be plug and play with a Max6 or 8 provided the wires are long enough. with the blx185 you would need to solder or use an adapter. Local hobby shops will help but like it best when you spend some money there. if you buy an esc from them theyd be more inclined to solder different connectors on it for you or even show you how.
Btw the Talion really runs nice on the stock setup if its not over weighted with upgrades and heavy tires. if you want to go faster maybe add some fans to the stock motor. I run mine stock with 17t pinion much of the time and its pretty darn fast for bashing...

That motor would be plug and play with a Max6 or 8 provided the wires are long enough. with the blx185 you would need to solder or use an adapter. Local hobby shops will help but like it best when you spend some money there. if you buy an esc from them theyd be more inclined to solder different connectors on it for you or even show you how.
Btw the Talion really runs nice on the stock setup if its not over weighted with upgrades and heavy tires. if you want to go faster maybe add some fans to the stock motor. I run mine stock with 17t pinion much of the time and its pretty darn fast for bashing...
I’m running backflip lp’s with 500k fluid in center diff. It’s fast but I want it to rip a little more. The backflips are my only upgrades, haven’t needed to get anything new even after big jumps.

I’m running backflip lp’s with 500k fluid in center diff. It’s fast but I want it to rip a little more. The backflips are my only upgrades, haven’t needed to get anything new even after big jumps.
The BF LP are a little heavier but not too bad. Do you have a thermometer? if so what temps are you getting? Gear up until you start getting into the 170's and then either give it a rest every few minutes or gear down. A decent fan setup can knock maybe 20-30 deg. off.

The BF LP are a little heavier but not too bad. Do you have a thermometer? if so what temps are you getting? Gear up until you start getting into the 170's and then either give it a rest every few minutes or gear down. A decent fan setup can knock maybe 20-30 deg. off.
No temp gun, running hobbywing fan and heat sink.

No temp gun, running hobbywing fan and heat sink.
You might want to get one, though I went without one for a long time. These days they are pretty cheap and you can check stuff like your grill, the stove, heat and ac registers, catalytic converter on your car...

You mind as well get the longer can for 20 more bucks. Go for the 1730kv 4092mm can. it'll have more torque ?
How much more torque? If it’s just a little I’d rather get the shorter can for lighter weight. Do longer motors have more torque?

How much more torque? If it’s just a little I’d rather get the shorter can for lighter weight. Do longer motors have more torque?
I won’t be able to put a number on it but when I drive my buddy’s stock Kraton and then drive mine, there is a considerable amount of punch added with the 4092. Top end isn’t a significant difference but getting there is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back