Leopard 4092

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschlosser0405

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
Anyone running the Leopard 4092 from RCJuice? I have been thinking about picking up a HS 4092, but I see these are on sale. Max voltage isn't even 6s....? Am I worrying about nothing or will they actually burn up?

Haven't tried the motor itself but another Leopard and be aware that the mounting holes on the Leopard motors are M3 and so they will need to be drilled and tapped to M4 for the Arrma motor mounting plate.

leopard_4092_dimensions_4.jpg

I was talking to a guy that re-winds motors for RC boat guys. He said everything about the leopard motors is on par with TP Power except they use a slightly cheaper copper wire inside that does not handle as much heat.

Another thing to note is that you likely need to oil the bearings on some sort of regular routine. Other than that they do fine.

I run a 4082 leopard and it’s been great. Also have 2 4275’s that have been trouble free as well. All running exclusively on 6s

Haven't tried the motor itself but another Leopard and be aware that the mounting holes on the Leopard motors are M3 and so they will need to be drilled and tapped to M4 for the Arrma motor mounting plate.

leopard_4092_dimensions_4.jpg
Ok, thank you for the heads up. Is the max voltage rating just "suggested"? Haha

Ok, thank you for the heads up. Is the max voltage rating just "suggested"? Haha

Honestly I couldn't tell you how much of a "suggestion" it is. I have a Leopard 4275 V2 2200kV on my MT410 running 4S and a 4282 V2 2200kV on a Kraton EXB turned Truggy also only running 4S (this is the one I drilled and tapped the endcap for M4 screws) - never tried either on 6S.

For any motor the voltage rating is to keep you from over revving the motor to the point where the rotor explodes.
Take the KV * volts and you get RPMs when un-loaded with gearing wheels etc...

For any motor the voltage rating is to keep you from over revving the motor to the point where the rotor explodes.
Take the KV * volts and you get RPMs when un-loaded with gearing wheels etc...
How much do you think is a decent rough estimate to subtract from the total rpm when the rig is loaded? :eek: :geek:

How much do you think is a decent rough estimate to subtract from the total rpm when the rig is loaded? :eek: :geek:
I don’t take a fixed subtraction into account, just the simple formula that @LibertyMKiii used. Some calculate with 3.7v per cell instead of 4.2v as motors tend to have an efficiency of 90% and cells only have 4.2v for a very short time.
I probably calculate too conservative, but for (offroad) bashing I use:

4s: somewhere around 2187kv (35000rpm /4sx4v) to 2500kv (40000rpm /4sx4v) + or - 10% (the subtraction if you will🤣)
6s: somewhere around 1460kv (35000rpm /6sx4v) to 1665kv (40000rpm/6sx4v) + or - 10%

Some motors state a max of 50000rpm or more and it also depends which bearings you use, weight of the car, etc. Most stock motor bearings are not that good and fail quickly with higher rpm’s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back