Leopard Hobby 4282 motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Not familiar with the motor, I haven't replaced mine from stock yet, but I would think it would be better to drill out the motor if you can than to use a spacer on the screw. A spacer means there's still a M3 holding the motor.

So I recently picked up one of these https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...brushless-sensorless-motor-for-1-8-scale.html from @RCJuice and when I went to mount it up to my motor mount I noticed that this motor only has M3 screw holes. I know I can't use M3 screws in the motor mount so now I need to either find a spacer to make up the space or drill and tap the motor for m4 screws. Who makes a 1/8 motor with just M3 screw holes in it?
My Castle 1515 2200kv came with M3 holes as well. I drilled and tapped them for M4 screws. I thought it was really strange that it came with 3mm or that it didn't have both sizes. Oh well, I have the taps so it wasn't a big deal.

It’s really handy to have a few taps, their drill counterparts on hand and a pin vise or old drill chuck to hold the taps. Some times when you get new arms or bulkheads it helps to tap one or two turns to get the screws started.

Not sure if this lead to the pinion coming off or this is a result of the pinion coming off. I only had a 18t pinion on it.

20190617_105140.jpg

Screenshot_20190618-121406_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
That is pretty hot for a leopard of that KV and size. What was the ambient temp like outside?
How much does that rig weigh? I see lots of aluminum parts there.

I have been running this week and the temps reaching the 90s made a massive impact on motor temps...

That is pretty hot for a leopard of that KV and size. What was the ambient temp like outside?
How much does that rig weigh? I see lots of aluminum parts there.

I have been running this week and the temps reaching the 90s made a massive impact on motor temps...
It was mid to upper 60s.

I'm not sure but it's pretty heavy. Once I get a new spur and pinion I'll give it another go but maybe I just need a bigger motor.

This is really starting to piss me off..............And of course I can't return it because RcJuice won't accept motors that were overheated..........................
Not even 2 packs through this turd. That's $80 down the drain........................
eorN7cf.jpg

So who has a suggestion for a motor. I will not buy another one from RcJuice. I don't really want another BLX185 either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back